difference between area51 and CVS

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
DK

difference between area51 and CVS

Post by DK »

Hi,
pardon if this was answered somewhere - i didnt get anything from a search.

anyhow - I grabbed a CVS yesterday after seeing the updated screenshots and I'm completely psyched but I noticed some things here that different from the CVS and vice versa - I was wondering how current area51 is kept up with regards to CVS - like daily - weekly -etc. or just whenever everyone is comfortable pushing it. thanks.

bobthebest

Re: difference between area51 and CVS

Post by bobthebest »

I have no idea, but i imaging the CVS server takes a "snapshot" of the files on this board every hour. remember a lot of config has gone into this!

sparkster

Post by sparkster »

No, the downloads are snapshots of the files on the SourceForge CVS repository. This board is probably updated when psoTFX has enough time to make sure the snapshot works well enough and to tweak it to get rid of the PM link in the header and stuff like that. Or they just update this with the CVS snapshots and don't care how broken it is because after all, this software is still in active development ;)

Graham

Post by Graham »

Broadly speaking, anything that is in CVS is also on area51 (with the exception of the template), but not everything on area51 is yet in CVS.

Some of the feature on here were put on to allow them to be tested in a "real" environment to see how they work, before they get committed to CVS.
"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish"

Graham
Eeek, a blog!

DK

Post by DK »

Graham wrote:Broadly speaking, anything that is in CVS is also on area51 (with the exception of the template), but not everything on area51 is yet in CVS.

Some of the feature on here were put on to allow them to be tested in a "real" environment to see how they work, before they get committed to CVS.
you are broadly incorrect :D

there's a couple things here that are not in the current CVS, as well as some things in the CVS that are not here

Dindal

Post by Dindal »

I believe the board is the CVS board.

/me waits for SHS`

Not Radio

Post by Not Radio »

The board is updated when the CVS source is functional enough.

Charlie Argueta

Post by Charlie Argueta »

Now a dummie and stupid question what does CVS stands for?
:?

See Ya

DK

Post by DK »

Charlie Argueta wrote:Now a dummie and stupid question what does CVS stands for?
:?

See Ya

DK

Post by DK »

sorry post died and then wouldn't let me edit it.

CVS = Concurrent Versions System. For more info you can check out http://www.cvshome.org/" target="_blank