A word of thanks and encouragment

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Paddy

A word of thanks and encouragment

Post by Paddy »

I installed a snapshot of phpBB 2.2 (2.1) a couple of days ago, and absolutely love it!
I have to admit (yeah, shame on me), I was looking into other bulletin boards as well, but they all seem to come with so many options that it totally blows you away and you don't feel like you're in control anymore, nor do you know anymore what your board is capable of.
We currently are running phpBB 2.0.6 with plenty of MODs installed. The new version of phpBB has nearly all of those MODs built into it already, which is just perfect! And although the main look and feel of the existing phpBB has been maintained, there's PLENTY new things which will definitely enhance the board a great deal.

So I would like to say "thank you" already for creating such a great board, and encourage you to continue this great work.

I'll be looking forward very much to the day when the new phpBB will be released! ;)

Tsuzuki

Post by Tsuzuki »

I would also like to say "thank you".

bobthebest

Re: A word of thanks and encouragment

Post by bobthebest »

It is an excellent board, i love the groups 2, but the one thing i dont like is the fact that each group is going toi have so many options to set. Good, but is going to take a while!

Roberdin

Post by Roberdin »

You can select more than one group at the same time to apply permissions too, just as you can forums. Also, using authorisation presets (not working at the moment), which store the permissions, after you've set them up it's just a few clicks.
Rob

bobthebest

Post by bobthebest »

Yeah, when this comes out, i am going to have a lot of fun playing around with this!

funatik2k

Post by funatik2k »

I'd like to say a word too (sorry I'm French, my English is not that good :P) : i'm chatting with my French Madonna fans community since 2 years with PhpBB and it's just perfect.

This new version rocks... and it's free 8O
Thank you SO much!

8)

Silent Ninja

Post by Silent Ninja »

bobthebest wrote:Yeah, when this comes out, i am going to have a lot of fun playing around with this!
Sure... this new version "really whips the lamma's ass", like the Winamp introduction says ^^
And by what i've saw on the last snapshot the release is really soon... maybe not today... maybe not tomorrow... maybe not on Friday... Saturday... well... It'll be some day this year for sure ^^'

Anyway... THANK YOU ALL DEVS FOR THIS GREAT STUFF <kiss>
Silent Ninja // http://www.agrisnk.com.ar" target="_blank

bobthebest

Post by bobthebest »

yeah, i can't wit for beta testing cause then we can report bugs, and most fetures will be working. I wonder what pms and groupcp will be like :D

hbk2006

Post by hbk2006 »

yea me to i found out today everyone who is on this board and wants to beta test can is that still true u lot? if so i cant wait i wonder what stuff we can do after that wiht the baords becuase the phpbb boards are great i used to wtch phpbb board owners with envy not knowing how to get one then my friend bobthebest showed me open windows ftp

VaLUnTriAn

Post by VaLUnTriAn »

I would also like to thank the devs here. This is a great piece of software.
VaLUnTriAn