Forum Image associated with forum?

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Smirnov

Forum Image associated with forum?

Post by Smirnov »

Hey guys, I just got the CVS and when I was creating my forums there was a "forum image associated with the forums"

Of course, since I have some icons lying around for my forums, I set one up, and when I go to the admin panel I can see the picture, but when I go to the forums the "forum image associated with the forums" is nowhere to be seen!

What's it supposed to do anyways?

Roberdin

Re: Forum Image associated with forum?

Post by Roberdin »

Exactly as it said. It's a bug, so don't worry too much, it'll work when it's finished. :)
Rob

psoTFX

Post by psoTFX »

It's not a "bug", at least not AFAIK. It's just not deployed in the template at present.

Roberdin

Post by Roberdin »

Well, I was close. :)
Rob

Smirnov

Post by Smirnov »

Ar, what bothers me the most is that some things are deliberately left unfinished like searching and PMs. Why couldn't we go feature-by-feature instead of implementing a whole bunch of features that don't work? :(

So when are we going to see a beta with features that work anyways, this summer I hope? :mrgreen:

sparkster

Post by sparkster »

Searching sort of works last time I checked and PMs aren't unfinished, I think they're still unstarted. You just need to let little things like this slide and don't ask for a date we will see a BETA, nobody knows. Give it a couple of months before you start stressing :)

psoTFX

Post by psoTFX »

Smirnov wrote:Ar, what bothers me the most is that some things are deliberately left unfinished like searching and PMs. Why couldn't we go feature-by-feature instead of implementing a whole bunch of features that don't work? :(
Exqueeze me? "Deliberately left unfinished" ... do you have clue one about what you speak? Tell me, what's the point in working on private messaging till the posting system is finalised? The last time I checked I'd gotten search to the point of working reasonably well in this its first new iteration. A little more thought and a little more research on your part will save my and other peoples tempers.