better word censors?

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
haravikk

Re: better word censors?

Post by haravikk »

I put my name into the word censor so I could get it to become coloured :)
Images in sigs! please.

0racle

Post by 0racle »

It's always good to put the really obvious words in... then you can watch so called php experts get censored then drill them about not knowing their way around text parsers :mrgreen:
And even if they do find a way around it, so what? I liken that to circumventing a ban by registering under a different name etc, so they get bigger punnishments.
hi

Eko

Post by Eko »

I think i've done one word censor in my experience, and it just encouraged people to use the word and try to figure out other ways to get around it. Needless to say, I learned. The thing I think word censors should do, is get the posts dropped into a list that mods/admins see in the main indexes, so they can check the post. This way, one could ban *ass* and it wouldn't censor glass, it would just mark the post as possibly obscene automatically. Also, this way, users don't know WHAT the censors are (unless they are a mod)

modenaf1

Post by modenaf1 »

DoD wrote:
coolio wrote:will there be better word censors?

you can do something like ZZZZ and if ZZZZ was the bad word the word censor wouldn't catch it
Nothing's as good as a moderator and a click of the mouse on the delete button ;)
Nah, I just ban them and give them a banned rank, split the post from the thread and sticky it for others to see :twisted: :twisted:

j/k
Edit and delete button works good :)
Banned