Some Question

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
DoD

Re: Some Question

Post by DoD »

The way it is is perfectly fine...

its a file extension. It does NOTHING apart from say what opens it.

.html is more fiendly for me than .tpl, as dream weaver wont open .tpl files, and it was an arse just to change say a single word or something when i wanted to... used to have to use notepad (Poor program) but now DW makes it alot easier.

.html is better for the majority... and for those that love the .tpl can just treat them as .tpl

DeadKid

Post by DeadKid »

Wrong...Dreamweaver MX 2004 opens .tpl files...
For older versions (MX & Ultradev) you can DL it from macromedias site for free...
the word evil cannot even describe me....

DoD

Post by DoD »

DeadKid wrote:Wrong...Dreamweaver MX 2004 opens .tpl files...
For older versions (MX & Ultradev) you can DL it from macromedias site for free...
I have bog standard stuido MX, and my dream weaver wont associate itself with tenplate files... hmmm...

I may have said it a little wrong... going through dw MX -> open -> tpl file, is ok... but Win Win XP doesnt like to list dream weaver in my programs list :x

Ptirhiik_

Post by Ptirhiik_ »

A registered version would...

DoD

Post by DoD »

I have fireworkd MX too, both are registered, but only fireworks displays in that list.

I dont know if i might have deleted it from the list or not in the past... once DW was on that list! (plus its associated with all files but .tpl!)

Roberdin

Post by Roberdin »

I set Dreamweaver MX up with TPL files and it remembered that when i got MX 04.
Rob

mercifull

Post by mercifull »

DoD wrote:The way it is is perfectly fine...

its a file extension. It does NOTHING apart from say what opens it.

.html is more fiendly for me than .tpl, as dream weaver wont open .tpl files, and it was an arse just to change say a single word or something when i wanted to... used to have to use notepad (Poor program) but now DW makes it alot easier.

.html is better for the majority... and for those that love the .tpl can just treat them as .tpl
dreamweaver 3 and 4 open tpl files you dont know what ure talking about :roll:

Roberdin

Post by Roberdin »

Or Alternatively perhpas he is using Dreamweaver MX (or MX2004), which, by default, does not open those files. And tracking down the relevent setting was darn hard I can tell you!
Rob

mercifull

Post by mercifull »

all i did was go to my documents. clicked on the tools button then selected folder options. i selected the file types tab.
I scrolled to TPL then clicked the change button and chose dreamweaver as the default program. i didnt make any changes in dreamweaver itself.

Klors

Post by Klors »

My Zend Studio seems to like tpl's just fine... can't remember if i set it up to or not.