What still before M4

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
andrew johnson

Re: What still before M4

Post by andrew johnson »

thanks for info
i love valentino rossi = it COOOL
TEST test test test
warhead

Post by warhead »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Greetz,
WaRhEaD
Veratien

Post by Veratien »

Er, wouldn't you technically hit M3 once the M3 todo list is finished? Because they're milestones, not progress levels, which implies that they're set targets, and once blah is done, this milestone is completed...

:?

Ignore me, being pedantic...
Vinari - My website | Dormarth Ltd - Web hosting and development services
BazzyMG

Post by BazzyMG »

See guys, post a nice, sucky-uppy post, and you get results...

Rather than asking asking asking all the time, show a little understanding.... :mrgreen:

(yeah, it was all because of me...riiiiiiight) :)
GPHemsley

Post by GPHemsley »

I just wanted to remind everyone of my dynamic signature. You want a rough estimate of the release date of phpBB 2.2? Take a look at the image. Also, be sure to notice the "Less than", as it will most likely be before the shown time. This data is based on a post made by psoTFX back in July.

So please stop asking when phpBB 2.2 will be done. Even I get annoyed by those questions.

:mrgreen:
Nenad

Post by Nenad »

What?!??!

What are you people talking about, all I want to know (and I assume that others do to) is how the development is going, as in when its gonna be finished. Who are these people who say stop annoying us with your questions, well if you didn't want them you shouldn't have made this board public, just say something is in development and release it when its done.

Thank you PsoTX for the answer to the question, thats all I wanted to know. What you do here is amazing, I use phpBB on my site and its fantastic, I can't wait for 2.2 and thats why I'm so curious. I am also waiting for the sub-forums and other features which I have planned for my site so I wanted to know when I can expect to have these. Thank you again.

I know what its like to be busy and miss planned schedules for my website (usually by 3+ months ;) ) but its not that hard to say now and then how long you think may be left, even if its wrong. Its better than nothing.
q3utom

Post by q3utom »

I would have to say Im more than happy to wait for phpbb2.2

It is an excellent piece of software and free! Since I've started using it I have learnt some php. Can do stuff like news scripts, galleries and other simple stuff. I may start to look at session ids at a more advanced level so it checks when a user logs in to admin panel that it gets their email and when they post stuff it displays it. None of that is massivly complex compared to what phpbb is.
So I have lots of respect for phpbb people and it will be worth the wait.

Im excited as everyone else is to see the new one up and running!

thanks

q3

also just noticed the font colour toolbar, much better than old one!
SocomVengeance

Post by SocomVengeance »

HHHHHHmmmmmmmmmm they dont have a date they told you...remember this is free and they do it on their free time and they have jobs to ya know so i would say to just wait or just download 2.0.6 and use that then when it is done they should have to upgrade i guess just dont mess with these nice people be glad they have 2.0.6 and mods. any ways mods are not hard to install unless you dont have a brain? :lol:

Be glad they got this much done...

It is gonna be perfect!
Arty
Former Team Member

Post by Arty »

Last 2 posters: please don't use all-color posts in future. It is not allowed by rules.

There is no point in discussion what developers have in their todo list - it won't change anything. And no point in duscussion release date - you can't know it because you have no idea what developers have to do before release. So this whole thread is pointless.
q3utom

Post by q3utom »

CyberAlien wrote:Last 2 posters: please don't use all-color posts in future. It is not allowed by rules.

There is no point in discussion what developers have in their todo list - it won't change anything. And no point in duscussion release date - you can't know it because you have no idea what developers have to do before release. So this whole thread is pointless.
why so pesimistic? people are just interested and everyone wants to know what is happening.