control panel demo

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Southwalesmusic

control panel demo

Post by Southwalesmusic »

Has any1 got a cvs board online that they'll let me view the admin panel. :roll:
southwalesmusic.co.uk

Arty
Former Team Member

Re: control panel demo

Post by Arty »

http://test.securefirms.com/phpBB2.15.10.14/" target="_blank
login: admin
password: password

Note: main page has lots of debug info that is not in usual cvs version - that's because i'm testing template engine there. but admin control panel is same as in cvs (CVS version from 15 October 2003, 14 pm EET)

Note2: it is hosted on my computer so might be slow or down.

Arty
Former Team Member

Post by Arty »

And here is another demo with latest CVS (1 hours ago cvs):

http://test.securefirms.com/phpBB2.21.10.14/" target="_blank
login: admin
password: password

This is exactly the same copy as cvs (except for few bug fixes that i added because without it that version didn't install properly)

haravikk

Post by haravikk »

Since this seems to get asked a lot I'm thinking it could be neat to create an HTML site that shows off all the working parts of the admin panel. Would this be an acceptable thing to do I wonder? Just so people can look but not touch the stuff they don't see here.

I'll let you guys know if I ever get something like that done :)

chAos

Post by chAos »

i created a html copy of the admin interface to show people, but gave up because i didn't have enough time and because it kept changing :)

I was just under half done.

Graham

Post by Graham »

Ummm, psoTFX has created a gallery of screenshots of the admin pages to allow you to look at them if you don't want to/feel able to install the CVS snapshots yourself.

http://area51.phpbb.com/gallery/" target="_blank
"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish"

Graham
Eeek, a blog!

Wert

Post by Wert »

[quote="haravikk"]Since this seems to get asked a lot I'm thinking it could be neat to create an HTML site that shows off all the working parts of the admin panel. Would this be an acceptable thing to do I wonder? Just so people can look but not touch the stuff they don't see here.
[/quote]We already do this for the current version of phpBB (2.06). It wouldn't suprised me if we do something similar for 2.2 once it goes final. Doing it now is a bit silly as things are changing all the time.

andrew johnson

Post by andrew johnson »

Wert wrote:
haravikk wrote:Since this seems to get asked a lot I'm thinking it could be neat to create an HTML site that shows off all the working parts of the admin panel. Would this be an acceptable thing to do I wonder? Just so people can look but not touch the stuff they don't see here.
We already do this for the current version of phpBB (2.06). It wouldn't suprised me if we do something similar for 2.2 once it goes final. Doing it now is a bit silly as things are changing all the time.
i agree it good idea :)

CyberAlien: i will have look :)
i love valentino rossi = it COOOL
TEST test test test

Arty
Former Team Member

Post by Arty »

Wert wrote:We already do this for the current version of phpBB (2.06).
Where? I haven't seen any browsable control panel for 2.0.6 anywhere (except for my demo forum)

andrew johnson

Post by andrew johnson »

CyberAlien wrote:
Wert wrote:We already do this for the current version of phpBB (2.06).
Where? I haven't seen any browsable control panel for 2.0.6 anywhere (except for my demo forum)
http://www.phpbb.com/admin_demo/" target="_blank this is browsable control panel :D