Organization of Admin Panel?

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
hasten

Organization of Admin Panel?

Post by hasten »

I was curious about how the developers decided to organize the phpBB AdminCP.

Would it make sense to group users and groups under one heading, or at least moving the Groups and the Users heading closer to each other?

Also, are there plans to implement some sort of expand/collapse functionality into the headings? Ex. collapse the entire heading "Forums" so that you can't see the sub categories with in the "Forums" heading.

Just curious.
psoTFX

Re: Organization of Admin Panel?

Post by psoTFX »

To the former you'll be free to reorganise the layout as you wish.

To the later, no.
Roberdin

Post by Roberdin »

Wouldn't that be a template thing?
Rob
Aexoden

Post by Aexoden »

It might be if the admin panel were templated. However, it's not, so it's not. To make such a modification, you'd have to muck around in the php files to add the JavaScript or whatever is necessary, since I have no idea. I suppose there's a small chance a MOD will appear for such a functionality, though.
haravikk

Post by haravikk »

Well it's not like the admin panel is in constant use anyway. As long as the important stuff is on the front page of the admin panel, and the high demand options are up the top then there should be no troubles.
Images in sigs! please.
metest12

Post by metest12 »

I made my ACP in phpBB 2.0.6 expand/collapsable, but with a cheap non-JavaScript hack in the code. I wrapped the $template->assign_block_vars with an IF:

Code: Select all

if ( $_GET['cat'] == $cat )
Where $cat was the name of the category.
Also, I made the category headers links to {catrow.U_CAT}:

Code: Select all

"U_CAT" => append_sid('index.php?pane=left&cat='.urlencode($cat))
You need to use urlencode() to make sure spaces and stuff are converted to %20 and the like.