Languages - translation

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
mc0rp

Languages - translation

Post by mc0rp »

Hi

Is there any "official" way to take part in preparing other language versions? Any "official partners" in this matter?

TIA
mc0rp

Graham

Re: Languages - translation

Post by Graham »

Whilst I can't speak for the developers, my understanding from the last time this was discussed was that language packs for other languages are something which will be looked at nearer to completion of the software than it is at the minute.

I.E. It's probably not doing anything with them yet, as the language entires are not yet confirmed and may change.
"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish"

Graham
Eeek, a blog!

Aexoden

Post by Aexoden »

Back during the 2.0.x cycle, language packs started appearing around the beta and release candidate phases, but I didn't learn about phpBB until the first beta, so some may have existed beforehand. In any case, I know not what (if any) plans they may have for 2.2--current translators may reprise their roles, or new people may step in. However, the language files aren't fixed at all now, and will probably see numerous changes, so keeping up would be more of a task, all for something that isn't officially released. Once we get to beta and release candidate time, I think we'll see translations in somewhat stronger force.

mc0rp

Post by mc0rp »

I didn't mean to start today, u know... I just wonder if there's a 'procedure' of translating (when THE time comes), or is it just the same way like in case of MODs - simply 'prepare & announce'.

thx anyway