Sorry about stupid questions, but...

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Elle

Sorry about stupid questions, but...

Post by Elle »

I've just had some issues with my forum and figuring things out

1. I was wondering, why do some of the user's registered from a while back who didnt post, go inactive even when they try to log on? Can I re-activate them (I tried with the e-mail I had gotten sent to activate but that didnt work) or is there any way to make it so they dont go inactive?

2. how do I make a gallery of Avatars for my users to... use?

Id like to make a set of smilies but I am unsure how to do that too (right now the avs are more important though).

3. Can moderators move or move/copy a post from one forum into another for bookkeeping of unruly posters?

thanks in advance... I'm such an idiot.

benchayeel

Re: Sorry about stupid questions, but...

Post by benchayeel »

Elle wrote:I've just had some issues with my forum and figuring things out

1. I was wondering, why do some of the user's registered from a while back who didnt post, go inactive even when they try to log on? Can I re-activate them (I tried with the e-mail I had gotten sent to activate but that didnt work) or is there any way to make it so they dont go inactive?
Someone else will have to answer that
Elle wrote: 2. how do I make a gallery of Avatars for my users to... use?
Place the images in subdirectories of the gallery directory and they will be available
Elle wrote: Id like to make a set of smilies but I am unsure how to do that too (right now the avs are more important though).
Go to your admin panel find the simile configuration and add them there. I beileve you need to put them in the smilie directory first.
Elle wrote: 3. Can moderators move or move/copy a post from one forum into another for bookkeeping of unruly posters?
Yes in the moderation options at the bottom of each topic. For individual posts use the split option.

A_Jelly_Doughnut

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut »

1) Admin Panel->User Mangement->Enter username->Set "user is active
2) When the site returns http://www.phpbb.com/kb/article.php?article_id=28" target="_blank
3) There is a move button in the footer of the viewtopic page :)
A_Jelly_Doughnut

Elle

Post by Elle »

ahh yes! Thank you!

I just noticed I had been running only as Admin and not as a mod so thats why the option to move and copy wasnt there lol. this runs similar to a board I help mod and I wondered where the heck the darn thing was.

I will have to see how the Av gallery thing works... I need to get something up for my peeps to use because it's so blank!

Elle

Post by Elle »

benchayeel wrote:
Elle wrote:I've just had some issues with my forum and figuring things out

Someone else will have to answer that
Elle wrote: 2. how do I make a gallery of Avatars for my users to... use?
Place the images in subdirectories of the gallery directory and they will be available
Elle wrote: Id like to make a set of smilies but I am unsure how to do that too (right now the avs are more important though).
Go to your admin panel find the simile configuration and add them there. I beileve you need to put them in the smilie directory first.
Elle wrote: 3. Can moderators move or move/copy a post from one forum into another for bookkeeping of unruly posters?
Yes in the moderation options at the bottom of each topic. For individual posts use the split option.
lol okay... there are 2 boxes: Avatar Storage Path and Avatar Gallery path.

Im not quite sure what to do next--- do I make an images/avatars/gallery folder in with my web page and put the avs there?

A_Jelly_Doughnut

images/avatars/gallery/some_cat_name/all_files_go_here.ext :)
A_Jelly_Doughnut

Elle

Post by Elle »

A_Jelly_Doughnut wrote:images/avatars/gallery/some_cat_name/all_files_go_here.ext :)
...okay what's the .ext all about?

Buzzman25

Post by Buzzman25 »

I'm assuming that .ext means . extension.

Such as .JPG, .GIF, .TIF, etc.
- Buzz

A_Jelly_Doughnut

Yes, but not tif. gif, jpg or png
A_Jelly_Doughnut

Elle

Post by Elle »

okay, I've put the avs into the folders on my page as specified on the control panel of the board--- but I don't see the option to select any avatars from a gallery on the Profile area.

I've enabled the gallery too.