Search Topic Title Only?

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
CynicalSaint

Search Topic Title Only?

Post by CynicalSaint »

Maybe I'm an idiot and could'nt figure out how to use phpBB 2.0 to search topic title only, and if I am, just ignore this.

But I find it odd that you guys didnt include 'Search titles only' in 2.0, and seemingly have not (yet?) included it into 2.2. Sometimes, you want a specific word in a title. This word can return a huge amount of topics. Looking through these (espcially in very large forums) is quite a hassle (such as me searching phpbb.com for 'queries', I get 10,000 topics, literally). Im sure there was a mod for this back in 2.0, but more importantly, will php Group inplement this into 2.2?
(notice I didnt say implement this 'mod' :wink:)

BTW, I liked when you had the 'Last Post' column with the smaller text, heh.
- AzN
dhn

Re: Search Topic Title Only?

Post by dhn »

This may be considered for 2.2. I'd even say the chances are pretty high but search won't be touched before Milestone 3.
Roberdin

Re: Search Topic Title Only?

Post by Roberdin »

CynicalSaint wrote:BTW, I liked when you had the 'Last Post' column with the smaller text, heh.
That's a template issue. :roll: :P
Rob