Squares and dots...

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
PsykX

Re: Squares and dots...

Post by PsykX »

A_Jelly_Doughnut wrote:Well, now I'm seeing both and the emoticons changed back. :!:
Were the new ones better? It'd be fun to have emoticons like the "Post icons" but don't take it as a feature request please! :roll:

Edit : Cool! Edit button is working now!? Hey, great!
Last edited by PsykX on Wed Jun 11, 2003 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dhn

Post by dhn »

PsykX wrote:Were the new ones better? It'd be fun to have emoticons like the "Post icons" but don't take it as a feature request please!
Well, no one is stopping you to adding the posticons as emoticons on your own final board. ;)

PsykX

Post by PsykX »

That's why I said don't take it as a feature request, I can change them or make some new ones :)

A_Jelly_Doughnut

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut »

It just showed them in rows of 5...the same old smilies.
A_Jelly_Doughnut

SilverString

Post by SilverString »

i think that they created the image with a square. then when they created the flashing image they thought that maybe the square is, well a bit square. So they made it a cricle. As they cant be bothered to change the first one to a circle, since geting the function right is the main focus, the old icons show a square.

thats my theory :P

squares or circles, they are a indicator to show you have posted in that topic.
Last edited by SilverString on Wed Jun 11, 2003 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PsykX

Post by PsykX »

Right now, I see squares.

Instead of doing, it, they should just insert some little lines on the sheet (like if it would be some text) or just change the color of the sheet to green or red or anything else.

Again, don't take it as a request for the same reason as the smileys :)

TheMole

Post by TheMole »

Nah, dots and/or squares are my faves :D
"It's a fiction like all history, it's been distorted until it makes sense" - Andy Yorke

GPHemsley

Post by GPHemsley »

SilverString wrote:i think that they created the image with a square. then when they created the flashing image they thought that maybe the square is, well a bit square. So they made it a cricle. As they cant be bothered to change the first one to a circle, since geting the function right is the main focus, the old icons show a square.
Nope, they were originally circles.... They probably began changing them to squares, but they would have to change all frames for the animated images, which would waste time that they could spend on the actual code, so they left it alone.

psoTFX

Post by psoTFX »

Bingo ... add to that I'm not happy with circles or squares and the time wasted was just pointless.

TheMole

Post by TheMole »

Asterixes? :p
"It's a fiction like all history, it's been distorted until it makes sense" - Andy Yorke