font

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
psoTFX

Re: font

Post by psoTFX »

Well I'll pour cold water on that rumour ... no one is "officially" working on any subSilver style at this time, well, aside from myself of course with continued tweaks.

Zarron

Post by Zarron »

well as i just mentioned in another forum. subSilver should be dropped and something new made. the buttons are too big, the post icons are cheap and the bottom of the post page is messy - couldn't the whoisonline and search be incorporated into the same table that you have the moderation info?
Last edited by Zarron on Wed Jun 18, 2003 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

psoTFX

Post by psoTFX »

The post icons are by Daz and I don't believe they look "cheap", nor do many users ;) The buttons are not too big IMO and nor do I believe it's time to "retire" subSilver ... it can use and will have further tweaks or alterations to update it but we do not plan on retiring the "basis" of it.

Zarron

Post by Zarron »

by post icons i mean the alien head etc

psoTFX

Post by psoTFX »

I know what you mean ...

Zarron

Post by Zarron »

i just had to check because they are 99% identical to invision board's smilies :roll:
Last edited by Zarron on Wed Jun 18, 2003 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dhn

Post by dhn »

Zarron wrote:i just had to check because they are 99% identical to invision board's smilies :roll:
Are we a little hostile, aren't we, eh? 8O I'd suggest you better get your eyes tested.

Zarron

Post by Zarron »

not hostile at all. look at the bar of them when you make a post. the first four are okay but the rest look nothing like them. add to that the fact that they can quite easily be mistaken for invision icons........

dhn

Post by dhn »

Zarron wrote:not hostile at all. look at the bar of them when you make a post. the first four are okay but the rest look nothing like them. add to that the fact that they can quite easily be mistaken for invision icons........
If I'd be allowed to use the img tag in here (/me pokes psoTFX), I'd post icons of both packages to show you how different they are, from shading, to size, to content. ;)

psoTFX

Post by psoTFX »

Excuse me?! Our smilies were produced by Tom (subBlue) while Matt was still with IkonBoard, indeed well before 2.0.x was released. The post icons were originated by Daz ... I and most other people are very very tired of people saying "Oh, this looks like IPB!" or "Aren't those images/icons/templates from X board?" ... sigh.