Not to sound ungreatful for your superb board but...

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!

Post by Guest »

... Care to shamelessly borrow a few ideas:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthre ... adid=26055" target="_blank

:D

Wert

Post by Wert »

We've seen it before. Old old news.

SiksPoints

Post by SiksPoints »

I hate the vbForums.

Patr547

Post by Patr547 »

see..i dont understand why people would pay so much for vBulletin when they could just get phpBB, the coolest forum software i know of, for free! :P

Post by Guest »

Notice: No prefix specified in import_request_variables() - possible security hazard in /www/site/phpbb.typo.nl/phpBB22/posting.php on line 23

DanielJarrett

Post by DanielJarrett »

That's been reported about half a dozen times by now... :roll: I think someone knows about it now ;)

Post by Guest »

I like vB but in comparison to phpBB its hardly worth the money, 2.2 seems to add most of the features that I feel are missing from 2.0 anyway :D

btw, dont post every minor bug until beta

Lugie

Post by Lugie »

I do like vBulletin better than phpBB, because vBulletin is WAY easier to style. The reason is because the subSilver default template is so needlessly complicated and hard to modify. To get a great look you have to start over from scratch, and that takes a really long time. vBulletin is easy to quickly modify.

Hopefully the next version fixes this though, or maybe the team should get a new default template (with no background images, one place to define colors instead of 3, and overall easier to modify for most peoples liking, because most people dont do more with their forums than change a few colors anyways.) Or modify the current one as I see they are doing.

My friends complain about phpBB, though I love it. They say they dont like how it looks. This is because most of the boards they have come accross have been subSilver or something strikingly close to it, with the exception of 1 or 2 of my designs... and this is why they like vBulletin better.

In any case, the afore mentioned thread has a few nifty ideas which would make some great mods.

Dractor1

Post by Dractor1 »

Yeah, I must admit changing colours is much harder in phpbb as they give you descriptions of where the colour is compared to little boxes with the colour already in so that your eye can judge immediately. I am hoping that this will change in 2.2; but honestly I have no idea.

chAos

Post by chAos »

Hi,

If you would like an idea of how the style editing is changing, you can see screenshots of the admin panel here