Please tell me...

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
SongBear89

Please tell me...

Post by SongBear89 »

... That you have something superior to this in the works:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthre ... post377448" target="_blank

Wert

Please tell me...

Post by Wert »

We're not trying to clone vBulletin here. phpBb has and will continue to stand on it's own merits.

Please tell me...

Post by Guest »

I know but that would make making a style so easy...

Verteron

Please tell me...

Post by Verteron »

2.2 will have an online template editor in the admin cp (the CVS already does), but don't expect it to map vB's features 1-1. I personally think vB3 is far too complicated for its own good, and much too cluttered. You could provide twice the options with half the screen space if you really tried. I'd love to know how many queries they are running on each page.

psoTFX

Please tell me...

Post by psoTFX »

Indeed, we are phpBB ... not IBF, not vB, nor any other forum ...

We provide features the majority of users want to see. And we try and provide them in a way most of our users will have as little difficulty navigating as possible (hence the number of changes to the ACP from 2.0 ... we've tried to listen).

We are always interested in hearing opinions on how YOU, the user think something should be done ... we are less interested in hearing how X, Y or Z boards do something.

Verteron

Please tell me...

Post by Verteron »

^ phpBB 2.0.x has a reputation for being easy to install and admin (great work from you developer guys to getting to this point...).

I hope it stays that way, anyone should be able to run a board whilst providing scope for modding, tinkering, templating and so on for more skilled webmasters. I hope 2.2.x keeps this trend (and I'm sure it will ;)).

Certain "other boards" (I will relent from bashing) are making their feature sets so complex that only the accomplished PHP guru will be able to get a hand onto anything at all...