Applying changes in 3.1 to 3.0 prosilver

All style (template, theme and imageset) related questions for the new release; advice, feedback here please.
DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader

Re: Applying changes in 3.1 to 3.0 prosilver

Post by DavidIQ »

Responsive layout is not only about style changes so no it's not that simple. Spending (wasting) developer's time on 3.0 is not likely going to happen anyways. 3.0 is only getting updated with bug fixes at the moment.

Dragosvr92

Post by Dragosvr92 »

DavidIQ wrote:Responsive layout is not only about style changes so no it's not that simple. Spending (wasting) developer's time on 3.0 is not likely going to happen anyways. 3.0 is only getting updated with bug fixes at the moment.
If Kamahl19 already added the new css features found in 3.1 in a 3.0 style, i dont see why we shouldnt include it into 3.0... The developers would only need time to check his copy and decide if it is good to include into the next release of 3.0.......
Previous user: TheKiller

Lady_G

Post by Lady_G »

I agree with Dragosvr92. My board uses 3.0.12 with prosilver exclusively.

It may be a long time before we upgrade, as we depend on a mod that is not yet developed for 3.1.

Today, our members are complaining that we do not support mobile devices. Responsive prosilver appears to be the only good solution. We do not wish to wait for 3.1.

Can the style be made into a stand-alone 3.0.12 package?

DavidIQ

Post by DavidIQ »

You should talk to Kamahl19 then. There is probably a bigger chance of him releasing/publishing his changes as a new style than there is of these major changes being done to the 3.0 prosilver either in the core or as a separate "official" package or style.