Custom profile field

All style (template, theme and imageset) related questions for the new release; advice, feedback here please.
kerry2008

Custom profile field

Post by kerry2008 »

Hi, I'm quite new to being admin on a forum. I apologise if this is posted in wrong section. I am trying to add a custom profile field to display blinkies, mainly so i can use blinkies as competition prizes such as poster of the month etc. I had tried to do the profile field but when I copy and pste the code for the blinkies it is just text and no blinkie. Can anyone help me with this please. Thank you in advance for any replies. :D
I am using phpbb3

nic jackson

Re: Custom profile field

Post by nic jackson »

im tryin to find this out tried all i can think of still no joy so please help :D

darcie
Community Team
Community Team

Post by darcie »

This is because custom profile fields do not parse BBCode, smilies, or links automatically. You'll need to add a MOD like Parse BBCode in Custom Profile Fields. Please direct all similar questions to the main board, http://www.phpbb.com/community/, as this one is for development rather than support.

PayBas

Post by PayBas »

Darcie wrote:This is because custom profile fields do not parse BBCode, smilies, or links automatically. You'll need to add a MOD like Parse BBCode in Custom Profile Fields. Please direct all similar questions to the main board, http://www.phpbb.com/community/, as this one is for development rather than support.
Are you sure about that? I remember making a mod that would display an image in the template that would turn into a blue image if the user has specified an URL in a specific CPF. It kept screwing up because it parsed the URL every time, even though it was a CPF.

I had to mod the functions_profile_fields.php just to get it to work:

Code: Select all

$value = make_clickable($value);
				$value = censor_text($value);
				$value = bbcode_nl2br($value);
				return $value;
Changed to:

Code: Select all

$value = censor_text($value);

if ($field_ident == ('mycpf1' || 'mycpf2'))
				{
					// Do nothing
				}
				else
				{
					$value = make_clickable($value);
					$value = bbcode_nl2br($value);
				}
				return $value;