Forum body background

All style (template, theme and imageset) related questions for the new release; advice, feedback here please.
Nath

Forum body background

Post by Nath »

I am currently designing my own template & I was wondering is there a way to get a backdrop to go behind the main forum body?

Thanks

coaster

Re: Forum body background

Post by coaster »

I just put it in here:

html, body {
color: #536482;
background-color: #D7D7E1; /* bsn - med grey background */
background-image: url("{T_THEME_PATH}/images/bsn_bg_cell.png"); /* bsn - background image */
background-repeat: repeat; /* tile it */
}

I don't know if that's the best way, but it worked. You also have to reduce the width for it to show, of course. I did that in the #wrap definition.

Farmer Dusty

Post by Farmer Dusty »

I have repeatedly changed background colors and the effort has had 0, none, nada, zip affect on the board.

Maybe I should leave my number if help ever arrives on the styling thread?

coaster

Post by coaster »

Are you purging the cache and refreshing the style when you make a change?

Farmer Dusty

Post by Farmer Dusty »

coaster wrote:Are you purging the cache and refreshing the style when you make a change?
If you mean refreshing my browser - yes. If you mean tinkering around with the cache (which I have no idea about how to manage) - no.

In fact, now I am not sure if I should be trying to change colors in templates of themes??? Neither makes much sense to me, anymore. I think ppBB3 is better than phpBB2, but the customization process has gone into the next millennium.

I feel like Fankie Pantangele: "Bring back customized templates and themes for upload".

RECS

Re: Not Changing - body background etc

Post by RECS »

I have spend hours trying to change the template! None of the changes would appear! Than I discovered that you MUST clear the cache in phpbbs or it uses the old file information! Is there any way to disable this until you have completed the design changes?

I think there are many others having the same problem. It might be a good idea to do a note and make it sticky.

I just found this post. I think it solves the problems of changes not showing immediately.

Postby Lastof on Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:59 am
You need to empty the cache after changing it, or enable "Recompile stale style components:" in ACP => General => Load settings.

=> Recompilestale style components => yes

The changes I made to make the styles & template look like Joomla worked!

Charlie

truthseekers

Post by truthseekers »

I just put it in here:

html, body {
color: #536482;
background-color: #D7D7E1; /* bsn - med grey background */
background-image: url("{T_THEME_PATH}/images/bsn_bg_cell.png"); /* bsn - background image */
background-repeat: repeat; /* tile it */
}

I don't know if that's the best way, but it worked. You also have to reduce the width for it to show, of course. I did that in the #wrap definition.
I got it working. I think the confusing bit was this... the picture i wanted for my background was put in the wrong folder. I found it had to go relative to the forum in this folder.... uploaded with my ftp software

/forum/styles/prosilver/theme/images

once in this folder it will work. Bear in mind if your using theme other than prosilver, substitute that with whatever theme your using. Then it works.