ProSilver & sub: Adding extra column on right for ads?

All style (template, theme and imageset) related questions for the new release; advice, feedback here please.
rainbowz

ProSilver & sub: Adding extra column on right for ads?

Post by rainbowz »

I've got a set of ads set up in a table (tall & narrow column) that I want to add onto both prosilver and subsilver2 styles.

In phpBB 2.X, it was simple enough to just add another <td> after the credit stuff in the footer. Now, not so much.

In which file would I find the location to add such a new column to the very right of everything (ie, Column #1: the entire forum, Col #2: the ads)? Would I be OK placing it in overall_header after the "wrap" div is closed?

I suppose I could insert a table, tr and td tag before the "wrap" div in the header and close the first td at the end of the footer then ad a new td for the column, but that seems to defeat the whole css thing.

I've tried adding it in the overall_footer.html, but it just places this tall block centered at the bottom below the credits. :o

It's probably something real simple but I've looked over the files and searched this forum to no avail.
House: I find your interest interesting.

rainbowz

Re: ProSilver & sub: Adding extra column on right for ads?

Post by rainbowz »

Anyone? Anyone? Beuller?
House: I find your interest interesting.

profpete

Re: ProSilver & sub: Adding extra column on right for ads?

Post by profpete »

You can change the CSS to set the right margin on #wrap to say 200px, then create a new div with position: absolute; and right: 0; after #wrap

The other way is to float something off to the right, but this screws up anything that needs to clear in the main forum then.