proSilver problem

All style (template, theme and imageset) related questions for the new release; advice, feedback here please.
Aled

proSilver problem

Post by Aled »

On this "Windows Internet Exploror" which I am forced to use due to this not being my computer. I am having trouble with the template which means that the neat little search bar at the top is sort of a little bit outside of the Blue curvy box type thing. I would just tell people to get Firefox but they never listen.

Thanks
-Aled
Nicholas the Italian

Re: proSilver problem

Post by Nicholas the Italian »

Yes, this has been reported, and I guess it is going to be fixed.
Handyman

Post by Handyman »

Aled wrote: On this "Windows Internet Exploror" which I am forced to use due to this not being my computer. I am having trouble with the template which means that the neat little search bar at the top is sort of a little bit outside of the Blue curvy box type thing. I would just tell people to get Firefox but they never listen.

Thanks
-Aled

Whoever that computer belongs to, you will be doing them a HUGE! favor by downloading fireFox and removing all shortcuts to IE :P
My phpBB3 Mods || My Mod Queue
Search Engine Friendly (SEO) URLs || Profile link on Avatar and/or Username || AJAX Chat
Display Posts Anywhere || CashMod || AJAX Quick Edit || AJAX Quick Reply

Adric

Post by Adric »

and please do the rest of us a favor and please quit talking about FF... i'm so tired of hearing about it.
Handyman

Post by Handyman »

Adric wrote: and please do the rest of us a favor and please quit talking about FF... i'm so tired of hearing about it.

That must mean that you are a hard core IE person and haven't fully realized the benefits of FireFox.
Not to mention, how much headaches IE causes the stylists who would like to use straight up CSS.
So I'm promoting FireFox… get it here and save a programmer a headache.
You will also notice how much faster it is than IE… unfortunately, most people are afraid that downloading another browser will mess up their computer. (you won't believe how many people have thanked me for getting them away from IE) ;)
Search Engine Friendly (SEO) URLs || Profile link on Avatar and/or Username || AJAX Chat

MikeR

Post by MikeR »

I installed FF. Used it for a week. Hated it. Uninstalled it. Spent a couple of months getting rid of the junk it put in my computer. I will absolutely Never again use FF.
The FF users are as bad at telling people that FF is the "fix all" for the internet, as mac users are that Macs are better than windows.
(sorry, I have both. I choose windows)
Handyman

Post by Handyman »

MikeR wrote: I installed FF. Used it for a week. Hated it. Uninstalled it. Spent a couple of months getting rid of the junk it put in my computer. I will absolutely Never again use FF.
The FF users are as bad at telling people that FF is the "fix all" for the internet, as mac users are that Macs are better than windows.
(sorry, I have both. I choose windows)

ahh! so now the truth comes out. Die hard all that's microsoft fan ;)
though in all honesty, it would take you longer to remove everything related to IE if you decided to get rid of that… NTM, your computer would not perform well without IE on it… or so I'm told by somebody who tried to remove it. It's supposedly so tied in with the System.
So Firefox is not so bad after all.
Last edited by Handyman on Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Adric

Post by Adric »

Not a hard-core IE fan, but I hate FF for the crap it dumped on my comp... IE7 works fine for me... at least till Apple gets off their buts and does a port of Safari...
MikeR

Post by MikeR »

Adric wrote: Not a hard-core IE fan, but I hate FF for the crap it dumped on my comp... IE7 works fine for me... at least till Apple gets off their buts and does a port of Safari...

Now that would be great. Safari rocks. :)

Die hard all that's microsoft fan

Hehe, no. I just prefer it. I've tried both mac and windows. I just like windows better. As for wether or not windows wouldn't work properly without IE, no. It works just fine. I used opera for a while, but went back to IE becouse I liked it better.
I used Netscape for several years tho. :)
I use what I like.
jojobarjo32

Post by jojobarjo32 »

Handyman wrote: That must mean that you are a hard core IE person and haven't fully realized the benefits of FireFox.

Hey Handyman, you really don't know Opera (which is as good as Firefox [some people say it's even better...]), Safari, Konqueror, SeaMonkey, Camino, etc.? :D
Internet Explorer (let's recognise that IE7 is better than the version 6... even if there is still a lot of work to do before it can be used :mrgreen:) and Firefox are NOT the only existing browsers...