INCLUDE function and whitespace trimming

All style (template, theme and imageset) related questions for the new release; advice, feedback here please.
hater

INCLUDE function and whitespace trimming

Post by hater »

Call me rainman, but I enjoy being meticulous about code and structure...

When a file is included via another template file, all whitespace is trimmed from the ends of file...

What this causes is the file to be included directly inline with existing XHTML code from previous and following template files, rather than bumped to the next line and precisely tabbed over... (Right click, view source, and watch where the files are included and the code doesn't kick down to a new line.)

I realize this is a small quirky non-issue in the grand scheme of things... Just commenting really... Maybe a bit of a rant... Maybe wondering if anyone else noticed this... Maybe I'm just too OCD to be okay with it... :P

Handyman

Re: INCLUDE function and whitespace trimming

Post by Handyman »

I can understand… its much easier to see if things are bumped down… but if you use "FireBug" the FireFox extension, it shows you in much greater detail whats actually going on without having to sort through massive amounts of code… though you need to have FireFox :D
My phpBB3 Mods || My Mod Queue
Search Engine Friendly (SEO) URLs || Profile link on Avatar and/or Username || AJAX Chat
Display Posts Anywhere || CashMod || AJAX Quick Edit || AJAX Quick Reply

hater

Re: INCLUDE function and whitespace trimming

Post by hater »

Handyman wrote: I can understand… its much easier to see if things are bumped down… but if you use "FireBug" the FireFox extension, it shows you in much greater detail whats actually going on without having to sort through massive amounts of code… though you need to have FireFox :D

At home and during testing I do use all major browsers on two machines...

I think it's mostly the producer in me paints the picture, and doesn't like to let the actors adlib and rearrange the script. ;)