New theme

All style (template, theme and imageset) related questions for the new release; advice, feedback here please.
Rotsblok

Re: New theme

Post by Rotsblok »

The Guy Code forums somewhere deeper down are even running 1.2.0
ø = 1.618033988749895...
Everything has ø in it
Handyman

Post by Handyman »

Rotsblok wrote: The Guy Code forums somewhere deeper down are even running 1.2.0

ok... either the webmaster died, doesn't have a brain or is afraid of change. I don't know why anybody would be running 1.2... he should have upgrade 5 years ago.
My phpBB3 Mods || My Mod Queue
Search Engine Friendly (SEO) URLs || Profile link on Avatar and/or Username || AJAX Chat
Display Posts Anywhere || CashMod || AJAX Quick Edit || AJAX Quick Reply

hater

Post by hater »

I'm quite surprised that no one has assimilated that the new theme/style is already in place...

It has been for some time...

It's the administration control panel... :)
DoubleJ

Post by DoubleJ »

hater wrote: I'm quite surprised that no one has assimilated that the new theme/style is already in place...

The administration panel uses quite a lot of subSilver GFX if you ask me and from what I've heard, it is not going to look like subSilver....
DoubleJ - Blah
juuldr

Post by juuldr »

DoubleJ wrote:
hater wrote: I'm quite surprised that no one has assimilated that the new theme/style is already in place...

The administration panel uses quite a lot of subSilver GFX if you ask me and from what I've heard, it is not going to look like subSilver....

Maybe the new style is subGlass 8O I thought about this with seeing the new Windows (Windows Vista) and i think it should be nice if phpBB uses an "glass"-theme I realy like the glass effect :lol:
Highway of Life
Location: I'd love to change the World, but they won't give me the Source Code

Post by Highway of Life »

There's already so many subGlass themes, it would be extremely unlikely they would pick that kind of look... it's also too specialized.
I would expect something more flat smooth, like subSilver, that might be palatable across the board, whereas a dark style wouldn't
Larmo

Post by Larmo »

Will the new theme be released with RC1 or with the full gold release??
Handyman

Post by Handyman »

Larmo wrote: Will the new theme be released with RC1 or with the full gold release??

Last I heard it was going to be released with Gold and I haven't heard anything to say otherwise, so that's what I'm planning on.
If it gets released with RC1, that would be an awesome bonus... but I'm not expecting that to happen.
My phpBB3 Mods || My Mod Queue
Search Engine Friendly (SEO) URLs || Profile link on Avatar and/or Username || AJAX Chat
Display Posts Anywhere || CashMod || AJAX Quick Edit || AJAX Quick Reply

shoes22

Post by shoes22 »

I think it would be wise to release the style in a release candidate...who knows if there are any untested bugs? :)
SHS`

Post by SHS` »

shoes22 wrote: I think it would be wise to release the style in a release candidate...who knows if there are any untested bugs? :)

Developers use it as their default style so any changes applied to it are also applied to the public style. ;)
Jonathan “SHS`” Stanley • 史德信
phpBB™ 3.1.x, Bug/Security trackers
phpBB™ Bertie Bear 3.0 — prosilver Edition!Asking Questions The Smart Way