paying for a style

All style (template, theme and imageset) related questions for the new release; advice, feedback here please.
coffeechika

paying for a style

Post by coffeechika »

hi, i am getting quotes from getafreelancer.com for a custom design to use with phpbb3 when its out, i was just wondering, as its not out yet is it going to be possible to get anyone to make a design?
the current style system in phpbb3 is html, would it just be a case of getting them to create a design and style and just making sure they include all the classes or would i have to wait till phpbb3 comes out?

as you can probably tell i have little to no idea what im talking about.. also, im not advertising but if anyone on here can create a design i would much prefer to give the job to someone within the community...

please let me know!

Ectoman

Re: paying for a style

Post by Ectoman »

You need to wait.

Eelke

Post by Eelke »

coffeechika wrote: hi, i am getting quotes from getafreelancer.com for a custom design to use with phpbb3 when its out, i was just wondering, as its not out yet is it going to be possible to get anyone to make a design?

Yes it's possible, by studying the template that comes with the current beta/CVS, and studying the source code. However, such a template would basically be useless to you until phpBB 3 is released, and you also need a guarantee that they will rework it to work with the final version of the product (there might be changes between now and the final release that break a template that is created to work with the current release). Then there's the aspect that noone can guarantee you when phpBB 3 will be out, and in fact, noone can guarantee you that phpBB 3 will be out at all (although unlikely, this is open source after all).

Aden

Post by Aden »

Yes, you can create styles, i have done it.

But i have to update the styles weekly and they go through a lot of changes. VERY TIME CONSUMING.

If you are going to pay for a style. WAIT. Wait until PHPBB3 Gold. Otherwise you will end up paying money for something that is out of date, or has problems before even BETA3.

You wouldnt want that would you? ;)