Question about new style

All style (template, theme and imageset) related questions for the new release; advice, feedback here please.
harmlessgoat22

Question about new style

Post by harmlessgoat22 »

I know that the new style is not going to be released or reveiled until gold release of phpBB3, but I have a question for those who have seen it (dev team). I am not attempting to draw a picture in my head of what it would look like by this question, but whether I will have to make substantial changes to my style...

I would probably prefer to base my main style off of the new one that has yet to be released, but I already have made a stylesheet and images for my style. I was wondering. Does the new style use the same general images and style classes as subSilver in phpbb3? Or will I have to do many changes and make tons of new images to get my style adapted to the new one.

Please note, this is a question so I will know if I have lots of work ahead of me or not, not so that I can ruin the suprise of the style.
alphaPORTAL
phpBB3 Integration MOD:
Create Pages in phpBB3
Portal
Many Modules including Login, Welcome, Search, Top Posters, Online Now, Menu, Offsite Links, and more

dhn

Re: Question about new style

Post by dhn »

harmlessgoat22 wrote: I would probably prefer to base my main style off of the new one that has yet to be released, but I already have made a stylesheet and images for my style. I was wondering. Does the new style use the same general images and style classes as subSilver in phpbb3? Or will I have to do many changes and make tons of new images to get my style adapted to the new one.

There is some work ahead of you. The new style is not an upgrade of subsilver but was written from scratch. This includes smarter CSS naming, new colours, new images, and in many parts a different layout. There will still be a sense of familiarity as it is designed by the same person, but that's about it. Remember that we will also include subsilver2 (this style) in the final release.

harmlessgoat22

Post by harmlessgoat22 »

The layout and stuff is going to be totally different? So you won't use the topic icons such as Announcement, sticky, stuff like that?

Keep in mind, if telling me this is going to give away anything substantial, don't tell me.
alphaPORTAL
phpBB3 Integration MOD:
Create Pages in phpBB3
Portal
Many Modules including Login, Welcome, Search, Top Posters, Online Now, Menu, Offsite Links, and more

DigitalShadow

Post by DigitalShadow »

Not sure where exactly again, but it has been said often that the final design is compleatly different in everything, be it CSS images etc.. It has nothing in comon with the design you see here atm.
((perfect timing-_-, i wasnt able to log in this weekend cuz Dad thinks this site is bad and that your all the spawn of Satan....hmm go figure^_^))

itsonlybarney

Post by itsonlybarney »

Someone once showed me a static pic of what the new layout will be like and I will tell you that it is nothing like what you see here. I might give you more information if you beg me hard adn long enough but I doubt I will....

asmith3006

Post by asmith3006 »

itsonlybarney wrote: Someone once showed me a static pic of what the new layout will be like and I will tell you that it is nothing like what you see here. I might give you more information if you beg me hard adn long enough but I doubt I will....

ppppppppppppppplllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaasssssssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee^many

Yawnster

Post by Yawnster »

http://www.neothermic.com/Images/phpBB3.0_NewStyle.png" target="_blank

According to the Ever faithful Neothermic this is what phpBB3.0 looks like :P

Make your decisions.. Yawnster

PS.. look at the dates

harmlessgoat22

Post by harmlessgoat22 »

Hahahaha, if that was the secret style, I'd be forced to kill someone ;), preferably subBlue who would have made it. But, thankfully, that isn't the secret style, right???????????

Oh, I'd be so mad if that was the style...

EDIT: oh, haha, april fools :D
alphaPORTAL
phpBB3 Integration MOD:
Create Pages in phpBB3
Portal

ElbertF

Post by ElbertF »

harmlessgoat22

Post by harmlessgoat22 »

Yah, I already read that. :D
alphaPORTAL
phpBB3 Integration MOD:
Create Pages in phpBB3
Portal