what went wrong?

All style (template, theme and imageset) related questions for the new release; advice, feedback here please.
vln004

what went wrong?

Post by vln004 »

Why was my topic locked and labled as spam? i tried pming an admin for a reason, but no response. I don't understand, i see three or four topics that are showing their phpbb3 skin, what's wrong with mine? my site doesn't have any ads, the menus aren't even linked, i haven't asked anyone to join (nor do i want anyone to join). So why was it locked? i won't post a link again because i don't want to anger anyone. elaborate for me please, what's up?

I merely wanted people's oppinion about what i was doing with the current stuff that i've uploaded.

Lastof

Re: what went wrong?

Post by Lastof »

I personally was slightly puzzled when I saw that yours had been locked, since there are three or four other similar topics floating about. (though, at least one of those is more technical, so probably should be allowed).

However, to be honest, I think they should all have been closed as spam, since if you allow one, you get an avalanche of others.

I can only guess that they considered yours spam and the others not since you already seem to have a topic at least partly about your style (including a picture) here.

Maybe one of the mods/admins should merge all the existing "Look at my pretty style. Aren't I so cool. What do you think?" topics into one, give it either an ironic or subtly insulting name, and then such borderline spam activities can be conducted there.

What I find odd is than no-one made claim of, or gave any reason for, the editing and locking, which I believe is the standard policy.
Last edited by Lastof on 04 May 2008, 00:00, edited -1 times in total
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Look, I'm officially not a bug!!
SHS`: "Oooh Bertie, spank me with that casing stick, spank me spank me spaaaaannnnk mee!"

vln004

Post by vln004 »

I guess i can understand where you're comming from. But since when was asking for advice from other forum users spam? people know what they like and i was wondering what i'm doing right or wrong. Advice from users to users ? a picture does nothing to show how a style will show on a browser. it was merely a picture meant for another user to show him that i was able to accomplish what that topic was about.

Cap'n Refsmmat

Post by Cap'n Refsmmat »

There is no support for styles for Olympus yet, for one.

vln004

Post by vln004 »

i don't believe asked for any support, i asked for advice.

From what i understand, support would be me asking for help because i messed something up because i'm skinning beta software.

Waleed

Post by Waleed »

From the picture it looks nice. :D

It is strange and unusual to see something marked and locked like that with no message. I'm sure someone from the admin/mod team will elaborate.

vln004

Post by vln004 »

here's some spam for you, i switch to smf ;p

[Removed]

Waleed

Post by Waleed »

:?

Highway of Life
Location: I'd love to change the World, but they won't give me the Source Code

Post by Highway of Life »

I'm not sure...

I thought Mods usually post reasons why they delete SPAM™,
I thought that was procedure as well (for non cell phone adverts :roll: ), kinda odd to me.

Now I'm confused... :?

Waleed

Post by Waleed »

...could it have been done by himself? :|