Future phpBB 3 template ?

All style (template, theme and imageset) related questions for the new release; advice, feedback here please.
Ludwig von 97

Future phpBB 3 template ?

Post by Ludwig von 97 »

Hello,

I've read some time ago that phpBB would have a brand new template when it will be realeased. (Beta ? Realease ?)

So I would like to know it it's worth to start already working on the images of a future template (that will mostly be based on the default phpBB template, for buttons size and position for exemple).

Thank you for any information,
LV97

SHS`

Re: Future phpBB 3 template ?

Post by SHS` »

The default phpBB3 template will only ship with the final "Gold" release of Olympus. It is quite a departure from the current subsilver2 though, on the other hand, if you are up to date with current web-standards based design... it'll be an easier template to get up to speed with once it's released. ;)
Jonathan “SHS`” Stanley • 史德信
phpBB™ 3.1.x, Bug/Security trackers
phpBB™ Bertie Bear 3.0 — prosilver Edition!Asking Questions The Smart Way

Scout128

Post by Scout128 »

Cool I hope its not Silver and Blue. Because I am not found of those colors.
Don't forget kids when your scared press [ctrl]+[w]

All content related to and announced by Scout is hereby unless otherwise stated his, and shall not be duplicated or distributed without written permission. Scout's awesomeness is subject to change without warning. All trademarks and logos are probally not Scout's but thehuzzah.com is and is subject to be awesome without notice. All rights reserved. No trade backs. And pinky swear.

dhn

Post by dhn »

Scout128 wrote: Cool I hope its not Silver and Blue. Because I am not found of those colors.
So, which colours do you like?

Yawnster

Post by Yawnster »

dhn wrote:
Scout128 wrote: Cool I hope its not Silver and Blue. Because I am not found of those colors.
Personally I feel this, this and this work extremely well together.. However I feel their appeal may be limited :P

Yawnster

profpete

Post by profpete »

Well, I have to say - unless the spiral-hidden image had also had its colour changed... the new template is a nice shade of blue :mrgreen:

Scout128

Post by Scout128 »

dhn wrote:
I changed my forums to blue and orange
Don't forget kids when your scared press [ctrl]+[w]

All content related to and announced by Scout is hereby unless otherwise stated his, and shall not be duplicated or distributed without written permission. Scout's awesomeness is subject to change without warning. All trademarks and logos are probally not Scout's but thehuzzah.com is and is subject to be awesome without notice. All rights reserved. No trade backs. And pinky swear.

DemonBob

Post by DemonBob »

Yawnster wrote:
dhn wrote:
Personally I feel this, this and this work extremely well together.. However I feel their appeal may be limited :P

Yawnster
Looking at this post reminds me that Mardi Gras was just last month :)

pentapenguin

Post by pentapenguin »

Rumour has it that the new style will be all white -- pure snow white. If you stare at it long enough you will eventually be able to see anything you want to see which of course would put Olympus light years ahead of those "other" ancient, static bulletin boards. ;)
phpBB.com Support Team Member and Incident Investigation Team Member
My phpBB MODs || Professional phpBB Customization, Transfers, and Conversions

y0r1c

Post by y0r1c »

can you show some screenshots/examples of the future theme?