Creating forum logos in 2.2

All style (template, theme and imageset) related questions for the new release; advice, feedback here please.
KrazyTaco

Creating forum logos in 2.2

Post by KrazyTaco »

With 1.0.*, It was very easy to replace the logo in the top left corner of the board. It was a simple white background and an image file. But now I see that there is a new fancier, if you will, gradient color for the top of the page. Is there going to be a simple way to apply that color background to a custom logo? Im not exactly great at photo-editing, so trying to match that background seems fairly impossible at this point.
{o}

Re: Creating forum logos in 2.2

Post by {o} »

With Adobe Photoshop everything is possible :P
olger901

Post by olger901 »

{o} wrote:With Adobe Photoshop everything is possible :P
Well if everything is possible with photoshop then teach me how photoshop can let money come out of my monitor when I need it :P

Nah just kiddin but he is right you can do almost anything related to picture enhancing and photo editing with photoshop.
-
{o}

Post by {o} »

olger901 wrote:Well if everything is possible with photoshop then teach me how photoshop can let money come out of my monitor when I need it :P
If you want to print some money - you should scan them in ImageReady and then - skip to Photoshop. Or somehow simmilarly... :roll:

;)
Spectral Dragon

Post by Spectral Dragon »

{o} wrote:
olger901 wrote:Well if everything is possible with photoshop then teach me how photoshop can let money come out of my monitor when I need it :P
If you want to print some money - you should scan them in ImageReady and then - skip to Photoshop. Or somehow simmilarly... :roll:

;)
You need a special ink and paper that only the government can legally use to make it real, but I have seen some very impressive fakes.
Not Radio

Post by Not Radio »

All you need to know is how to:

- work with images in layers
- copy/paste an intact segment of the background gradient

Nothing too difficult for the average graphic designer.
ElbertF

Post by ElbertF »

You could get rid of the gradient, you don't have to use it..
PowerSp00n

Post by PowerSp00n »

Just use PNG.
Raghnall

Post by Raghnall »

PowerSp00n wrote:Just use PNG.
I agree with PowerSp00n, but the only problem that i see is that IE doesnt do Alpha blending. There is a javascript that will get IE to do it (i use it myself) but i can't rememebr what its called. Also you would need to include the JS once in all pages... you could posibly do it in a header file somewhere in phpbb or the themes.
Amorya

Post by Amorya »

Spectral Dragon wrote:
{o} wrote: If you want to print some money - you should scan them in ImageReady and then - skip to Photoshop. Or somehow simmilarly... :roll:

;)
You need a special ink and paper that only the government can legally use to make it real, but I have seen some very impressive fakes.
Incidentally, scanning money is the one thing you can't do with Photoshop - at least, not US money. It's got fraud detection code that doesn't let you scan currency!

Amorya