I don't like the RECENTLY changed style for this board :(

All style (template, theme and imageset) related questions for the new release; advice, feedback here please.
coolio
Location: Testing, Testing, Testing, Testing, Testing, Testing, Testing, Testing, Testing, Testing, Testing

I don't like the RECENTLY changed style for this board :(

Post by coolio »

:|

I don't like the multi-line dates / times in the viewtopic, and I don't like the
new image background for cellpic3

and I HATE the edit quote etc. buttons on the bottom it makes me not want
to use the software anymore :cry:

:x

psoTFX

Re: I don't like the RECENTLY changed style for this board :

Post by psoTFX »

Oh for goodness sake, stop exagerating :D I find it extremely strange that you'd not use a piece of software because two buttons moved position. And of course you can change the style to whatever you like ... as is frequently noted whenever something changes on any templated board and some users take exception. But hey, if you don't want to use phpBB, don't use it ... no one is forcing you and unlike other boards we make absolutely nothing because someone choses to use our software.

modenaf1

Post by modenaf1 »

coolio wrote::|

I don't like the multi-line dates / times in the viewtopic, and I don't like the
new image background for cellpic3

and I HATE the edit quote etc. buttons on the bottom it makes me not want
to use the software anymore :cry:

:x
Multi line dates and times? Dosen't look like it to me :|
Banned

A_Jelly_Doughnut

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut »

And, to repeat what psoTFX has said earlier, there is no guarantee taht phpBB 2.2 will ship with this style. It may not even use anything called 'subSilver'. For all any of us know, there may be a style called "vBuletin" 8)
A_Jelly_Doughnut

modenaf1

Post by modenaf1 »

A_Jelly_Doughnut wrote:And, to repeat what psoTFX has said earlier, there is no guarantee taht phpBB 2.2 will ship with this style. It may not even use anything called 'subSilver'. For all any of us know, there may be a style called "vBuletin" 8)
vBuletin!!!! :eek: I think we should add to the wordcensor all words relating to poor expensive forum software.

j/k. It's just that purple and yellow isn't one of my tastes lol.
Banned

psoTFX

Post by psoTFX »

A_Jelly_Doughnut wrote:For all any of us know, there may be a style called "vBuletin" 8)
I'd never go that far :)

haravikk

Post by haravikk »

I must say I really like a number of the changes, giving the Nav items ("Board Index » phpBB related » Styling in 2.2") their own clear box is nice, the narrower post information column for avatars makes things a little more efficient as well (though could use some centering).

I actually didn't notice the moved edit and quote buttons, I think it makes more sense logically to be at the bottom. If it is made to fit with the report button (ie as similar sized icons) then it could look a lot better and be a far more logical layout.

Multi-line dates (causing topic rows to be quite large) I did notice, I simply removed the 'Y' in my date format since the year a post was made doesn't really matter on an active board like this one. But for a more compact and overall more efficient (and IMO pleasing) layout deleting a capital Y is hardly unfair :P

I really like the new quote style, overall the changes are very nice and I'm going to go have a look to see if there is anything I missed :)
Images in sigs! please.

Roberdin

Post by Roberdin »

IMHO, the author column is too thin.

Also, when viewing this in Firebird instead of IE, there are a few differences especially with form elements - lack of borders around buttons/textboxes specifically, which were then in IE.

(Not sure if that branches out from comments on the style to bug reports, if so I apologise)
Rob

DoD

Post by DoD »

The new style is better than the old. IMO.

Admitedly... i've been fiddling (alot...) and all i can say, is that the new style is easier to work with!

Plus... i now know a little more about DIVs... and i will learn more!

coolio
Location: Testing, Testing, Testing, Testing, Testing, Testing, Testing, Testing, Testing, Testing, Testing

Post by coolio »

OK maybe I was exagerating, I'll still definitely use phpBB but I still don't like
the buttons on the bottom. Partly because I am an administrator of a large
board (I actually take on a professional attitude when administering that board ;) ) and frequently use the buttons on the upper-right corner
haravikk wrote:I really like the new quote style, overall the changes are very nice and I'm going to go have a look to see if there is anything I missed :)
I agree with you here! :D