I don't like the RECENTLY changed style for this board :(

All style (template, theme and imageset) related questions for the new release; advice, feedback here please.
Roberdin

Re: I don't like the RECENTLY changed style for this board :

Post by Roberdin »

What's wrong with the layout specifically? I find it rather good...
Rob

balla1088

Post by balla1088 »

as Haravik said
I must say I really like a number of the changes, giving the Nav items ("Board Index » phpBB related » Styling in 2.2") their own clear box is nice,
Can i get that code, i really like it also, and i like the Large forum title under the sub forum, on my board, both of those would look nice. if there a mod already for these at the site? if not could i hit my up with the code?

balla1088

Post by balla1088 »

nvm made my own

MrTufty

Post by MrTufty »

Sorry for dragging this old one back up (I've been blasted at a few forums for bumping old posts :P) - but I had to comment. I like the style of 2.2/Olympus so far, I am looking forward to seeing what subBlue comes up with for the final release though :)

I hated with a vengeance the style of vBulletin. I tried an install of it after the recent hacking/virus thing that took my whole site offline for more than a week, but my users were disgusted with it. Too cluttered, too complicated, and they specifically complained about having the author details above the post. Their whole system just feels cludgy.

So less than 3 days after installing vBulletin, I reinstalled phpBB - and this time I'm sticking. Just glad I didn't pay out for vBulletin ;)

Darth

Post by Darth »

I think the style is cool, and i wish it was out for the current version now
(maybe in a mod)
but i still cant wait till the new style is released with it!
Enjoy

"If you really want something in this life, you have to work for it. Now, quiet! They're about to announce the lottery numbers..."
- Homer Simpson

Spectral Dragon

Post by Spectral Dragon »

Darth wrote: I think the style is cool, and i wish it was out for the current version now
(maybe in a mod)
but i still cant wait till the new style is released with it!
Speaking of which, I noticed Subblue making a commit to the CVS, a good sign perhaps?

dhn

Post by dhn »

Spectral Dragon wrote: Speaking of which, I noticed Subblue making a commit to the CVS, a good sign perhaps?
He'll do some cleaning up on the current style and will of course prepare everything for the new style.

Spectral Dragon

Post by Spectral Dragon »

dhn wrote:
Spectral Dragon wrote: Speaking of which, I noticed Subblue making a commit to the CVS, a good sign perhaps?
He'll do some cleaning up on the current style and will of course prepare everything for the new style.
I hate going by subtle clues but this seems to suggest the new style is nearly done?

tiger2kn5

Post by tiger2kn5 »

I hate going by subtle clues but this seems to suggest the new style is nearly done?
Well atleast you don't keep visiting the developers/mods blogs hoping that one of them will speal the beans unintentionaly :mrgreen:

Graham

Post by Graham »

As Acyd Burn noted the other day, the bulk of the design of the new style is indeed finished and has been for a while, although there is obviously still work to be done on the new elements as we add them and in cleaning it up and testing it

And no you won't see anything of it before we release - unless I take pity and add another screenshot :P
"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish"

Graham
Eeek, a blog!