The 2.2 styling system ... feedback

All style (template, theme and imageset) related questions for the new release; advice, feedback here please.
mgbowen

Re: The 2.2 styling system ... feedback

Post by mgbowen »

Roberdin wrote:
mgbowen wrote: Yes, but in the "overall"s, there are variables. WHo is parsing the variables?
template.php ...?
Nope, I checked. there are variables in the "overall"s, I'm wondering which file is parsing them? And It would be rediculous to just look through every file.

Arty
Former Team Member

Post by Arty »

Those variables are set in includes/functions.php in function page_header()

Roberdin

Post by Roberdin »

Oh! I see what you mean - where are the variables being assigned, not where is the page with the variables in being parsed.
Rob

Arty
Former Team Member

Post by Arty »

It is shown in page_footer() in includes/functions.php

Templates work like this:
1. You use page_header() to setup main variables
2. You assign filename to handle 'body'
3. You use page_footer() to show contents for handle 'body' and footer

APTX

Post by APTX »

mgbowen wrote: Nope, I checked. there are variables in the "overall"s, I'm wondering which file is parsing them? And It would be rediculous to just look through every file.
You can get yourself som decent editor that will search through all files you need to search.
Don't give me my freedom out of pity!

expert01

Post by expert01 »

UltraEdit for searching many files, Beyond Compare for comparing files or directories, Notepad++ for general file editing.

cyberCrank

Post by cyberCrank »

Textpad is also good for global search and replace on Workspace project files...

Saigon

Post by Saigon »

I dont really understand alot about this new template designing technique,could someone simplify this for me via PM or something.Im not good at css editing or nothing of that nature.So is it possible to still use predefined templates and just upload them like in the 2.0.x versions of phpBB?

Skuld

Post by Skuld »

Saigon wrote: I dont really understand alot about this new template designing technique,could someone simplify this for me via PM or something.Im not good at css editing or nothing of that nature.So is it possible to still use predefined templates and just upload them like in the 2.0.x versions of phpBB?
Of course, it's going to be just the same for board owners, there are im provements for style designers though :)
Is it here yet? Is it here yet? Is it here yet? Is it here yet? Is it here yet?

Now? :D

Deadman2

Post by Deadman2 »

why is phpbb 2.2 using HTML as the template files insted of .tpl or .php? also is there anyway for me to convert the html files to php? caus the html files wont show up in firefox only IE? Also why does the admin section use php and not the overall styles? Anyways i love the whole ease of use with the styling system :D phpbb 2.2 is gonna be amazing :D