Password Reset??

Want to share what MODs you've gotten to work with EM? Happy about all the time your're saving? Want to say "thanks"? Here's the place.
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
Keiran

Password Reset??

Post by Keiran »

Does EasyMOD have a password reset???

WhiteWolfSix

Re: Password Reset??

Post by WhiteWolfSix »

You may do that directly in your database. Use phpMyAdmin or whatever application for SQL management and go to phpbb_config table. You need to find there EM_password column where the value is encrypted password. If you erase this value, you may enter into EasyMOD via ACP by using simple ENTER key as a password. If that couldn't work, you may enter into EM_password column a value of your new password. Your new password should be hashed with MD5 hash. Use this script (http://www.miraclesalad.com/webtools/md5.php) for doing that.
WhiteWolfSix (WW6)

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

WhiteWolfSix wrote:You may do that directly in your database. Use phpMyAdmin or whatever application for SQL management and go to phpbb_config table. You need to find there EM_password column where the value is encrypted password. If you erase this value, you may enter into EasyMOD via ACP by using simple ENTER key as a password. If that couldn't work, you may enter into EM_password column a value of your new password. Your new password should be hashed with MD5 hash. Use this script (http://www.miraclesalad.com/webtools/md5.php) for doing that.
that won't work. even a blank password has a md5 hash. ( I just tested what you said ).

you will need to get a md5 hash of whatever password you want.

I never put a password in when installing , that way I can just click the enter button and bypass it.

however, when I do that, there is an md5 hash in the database for that blank box.

robert

DasArab

Post by DasArab »

Im having the same problem. Previous admin never left that password. Is it possable that if I reinstall EM i'll be able to reset the password? I tried WhiteWolfsixes suggestion but it never worked.

Lumpy Burgertushie

to reinstall easymod, you must go to the EM_version field in the database and change it to something else ( 2.0 works for me ).

then simply run the easymod install again like you did the first time.

if you do not want a password, then do not put one in during the installation . simply click the button to continue.

robert

brijay

Post by brijay »

Hi, I am having the same problem. I dont ever remember even having a password for easymod, I havent used it for some years though. I have tried changing version number, it makes no difference still tells me it is already installed, also I cant find a table in the database for the password!!

Thanks in advance for any help

Leisa

brijay

Post by brijay »

never mind, I found the password field in the database and regenrated using the md5...worked a treat :)

go2self

Post by go2self »

what is the field name in the data base please, anyone?

Lumpy Burgertushie

go2self wrote:what is the field name in the data base please, anyone?
it is in the config table and surprisingly, it is named EM_password.
if you are using phpmyadmin, there are 3 pages of results when browsing the config table. the EM stuff is usually on the 3rd page.

robert