Easymod password help

Want to share what MODs you've gotten to work with EM? Happy about all the time your're saving? Want to say "thanks"? Here's the place.
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
rocky81426

Easymod password help

Post by rocky81426 »

Hello, I need some help, and I do believe this is the place I'll find it, please hear me out.

I'm posting this for a busy friend who owns a phpbb website but has very limited knowledge in that department. I'm a friend and moderator on his site and we're trying to figure this out together.

We've read all the threads here about password retrieval, but still cannot find it. Probably because we lack the knowledge.

What we would like to know is , is there a way we can let someone with more knowledge look into this? But without giving this person all the admin access to the site? Can a folder with just one harmless copy of something be created? We are rather clueless and lost...Please help!

Thanks

Kevin Clark
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Easymod password help

Post by Kevin Clark »

You need to get to phpmyadmin which will be in the site control panel
select your database
Click the phpbb_config table in the list on the left
At the top of the main screen click browse.
At the bottom of the screen it says Page number:1
If you go to 2 or 3 (depends on the number of MODs you have) you'll see the picture below (if you have easyMOD installed).

Click the pencil icon next to EM_password and put a new password in. Submit.

rocky81426

Post by rocky81426 »

Alright thanks, I'll transmit that info to the admin and see if it works. I'll let you know

Edit:

Can EasyMod simply be re-installed to reslove this password issue? If so, can u please instruct me how to do it!

Thanks in advance!

Kevin Clark
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Kevin Clark »

Yep.
In that case, go to the same place in the database and delete those EM_ prefixed tables. Also remove the other 2 easymod tables in the main database list.
Then reinstall.

tricia

Post by tricia »

is there any other way to retrieve/reset the password?

I have lost mine as well and I don't have phpmyadmin, and don't know how to edit database tables myself.

tricia

Post by tricia »

tricia wrote:is there any other way to retrieve/reset the password?

I have lost mine as well and I don't have phpmyadmin, and don't know how to edit database tables myself.
nevermind. some how my brain came back to me and I remembered it, recording it in my password database now so I don't forget again.../lol

Atl Joker

Post by Atl Joker »

Well, I got that same problem and I too don't use MyPhpAdmin. I use cPanel. Is there a way to do this without MyPhpAdmin?

Kevin Clark
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Kevin Clark »

cPanel should have a link in it to the database manager.
Look for MySQL database or db manager or something like that.
On my cPanel, at the bottom of the page where you name databases and create the user for it there's a link to phpmyadmin.

Atl Joker

Post by Atl Joker »

Thanks! I figured it out :D

Thanks for all the help.

dares_uk

Post by dares_uk »

trying to do this myself,
deleted the tables,
tried install again, and now getting this
Critical Error: This version of EM has already been installed. Terminating to prevent reinstallation.

If you are trying to reinstall this version, change the EM version number from the Admin Control Panel under EasyMOD Settings. Or you could also use the EM Version Changer (by GPHemsley) here.
?