Using EasyMod for Uninstalling Mods?

Want to share what MODs you've gotten to work with EM? Happy about all the time your're saving? Want to say "thanks"? Here's the place.
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
inf

Using EasyMod for Uninstalling Mods?

Post by inf »

Can this be done?

3Di

Re: Using EasyMod for Uninstalling Mods?

Post by 3Di »

You're close to the answer, try the search function. ;)
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades

inf

Post by inf »

Yes dude, i checked this topic but it doesn't explain how to do it.

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=26922&hilit=uninstall

3Di

Post by 3Di »

You can't use EM to uninstall MODs.

You can use EM to uninstall (not the SQL part though, but in most cases doesn't matter) MODs you had install with it, in the DESCENDING order.

I mean: Last In - First Out.
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades

inf

Post by inf »

How would i install the mod in descending order then?

3Di

Post by 3Di »

inf wrote: How would i install the mod in descending order then?

ACP->MOD Center
  • Install MODs
      • Details (at the right side of the MOD list view)
        • Restore Backups (at the bottom of that page.)

gspark

Post by gspark »

I don't mean to play devils advocate but sometimes i think EasyMod is one of the most useless things created for handling mods,

Who would create such a device that would install (only some mods, only some of the time) and not have a way to uninstall it, the method described above to supposely uninstall in desending order is a slap in the face for any intelligent user, to me there is absolutely no logic behind this :)

SMF has an installer/unstaller for its mods this seems like it should be a priority, surprise someone hasn't created something by now.

Sorry but PHPBB can never be consider supreme forum software if it has no decent installer/uninstaller mod feature built right inside of its core, i'm willing to bet 99% of users on phpbb would agree.

Ok I'm finished playing devils advocate he he

3Di

Post by 3Di »

gspark wrote: I don't mean to play devils advocate but sometimes i think EasyMod is one of the most useless things created for handling mods,

Who would create such a device that would install (only some mods, only some of the time) and not have a way to uninstall it, the method described above to supposely uninstall in desending order is a slap in the face for any intelligent user, to me there is absolutely no logic behind this :)

Never heard about what ALPHA/BETA versions are supposed to be for?
gspark wrote: SMF has an installer/unstaller for its mods this seems like it should be a priority, surprise someone hasn't created something by now.

Priorities.. I see.
gspark wrote: Sorry but PHPBB can never be consider supreme forum software if it has no decent installer/uninstaller mod feature built right inside of its core, i'm willing to bet 99% of users on phpbb would agree.

I'm probably the opposite 1% .. so. :)
gspark wrote: Ok I'm finished playing devils advocate he he

Same here. :P