I dont like em

Want to share what MODs you've gotten to work with EM? Happy about all the time your're saving? Want to say "thanks"? Here's the place.
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
:mo:

I dont like em

Post by :mo: »

em makes users have 2 login twice and stops u from moving the board to another site location

i say code the files manually
it dsnt take that long!!!

Nux

Re: I dont like em

Post by Nux »

:?: :?: :?:

What are you talking about? Only the admin must login twice (when he wants to use easymod), but that's only for your (admin) good. I belive that it could be very dangerous if someone would break into your ACP and install some unwanted MODs that you forgot to remove.

Besides there is nothing stopping you from moving your board. You'll just probably have to change some settings (but you would have to do that anyway with normal install).
If you are talking about DB changes that EM made, then you'll just have to include easymod table when you dump your database (as additional table - without) to have MODs history on your moved forum.

Nux wrote: :?: :?: :?:

What are you talking about? Only the admin must login twice (when he wants to use easymod), but that's only for your (admin) good. I belive that it could be very dangerous if someone would break into your ACP and install some unwanted MODs that you forgot to remove.

Besides there is nothing stopping you from moving your board. You'll just probably have to change some settings (but you would have to do that anyway with normal install).
If you are talking about DB changes that EM made, then you'll just have to include easymod table when you dump your database (as additional table - without) to have MODs history on your moved forum.

all users had 2 login twice, and when i moved the forums, they logged in and where redirested 2 the old location and then when they logged in the second time, they were redirected back!!!

Nux

Post by Nux »

That's not the EM issue. You probably have something wrong in your cookies settings. See this post.

And as for redirecting - you probably have settings of your old board (that's why they get redirected). Domain Name and Script Path are responsible for this as I belive.

For further support you should probably go to phpbb.com - Support Forum.

i changed all that on both databases, that's why it rdirects back

who_cares

Post by who_cares »

that problem isn't caused by em. You need to change the domain name and cookies in the ACP, and maybe the script path

i did

althiugh i have started new forums any way i'm just saying i dont use easymod

Nux

Post by Nux »

Well, nobody forces you to use it :P.

xactly im telling u why i dont

Nux

Post by Nux »

Good for you man...

But please don't disinform other people. EM has got nothing to do with your problems.