MODs Reappearing

Want to share what MODs you've gotten to work with EM? Happy about all the time your're saving? Want to say "thanks"? Here's the place.
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
Zanejin

MODs Reappearing

Post by Zanejin »

I recently upgraded my phpBB to 2.0.10, and wanted to install more MODs, so I went to the Install MODs page. Under the Uninstalled MODs list, all the MODs that I previously installed on phpBB 2.0.8 were listed. Does this have something to do with the database?

A_Jelly_Doughnut

Re: MODs Reappearing

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut »

Most probably a database issue...although I don't know why it would happen after an upgrade specifically...
A_Jelly_Doughnut

Zanejin

Post by Zanejin »

It happens after upgrading phpBB because of the final database upgrade script. I think it resets the settings or something.

GPHemsley

Post by GPHemsley »

The phpBB upgrade script doesn't touch anything unrelated to changes made between versions, so that wouldn't make any sense....

Zanejin

Post by Zanejin »

Then what do you think is wrong? Maybe that calls for a new EasyMOD version!

Zanejin

Post by Zanejin »

Sorry for double posting, but I can't edit my posts.

Even though the Install MODs list was refreshed, the MODs History's list still contains all the previously installed MODs, strange huh?

tbartold

Post by tbartold »

[quote="Zanejin"]Then what do you think is wrong? Maybe that calls for a new EasyMOD version![/quote]

Apparently EasyMOD is being smart in being able to tell that you upgraded the board without upgrading the MODs. The easymod datatable records the phpBB version you installed the MOD in. If you installed it in 2.0.8, and upgrade to 2.0.10, it assumes you didn't actually install the 2.0.10 version.

I "corrected" mine by changing the phpBB version in the easymod datatable, and that cleared them out of the install screen.

Zanejin

Post by Zanejin »

Do I edit the "mod_phpBB_version" field in the "phpbb_easymod" table?

Zanejin

Post by Zanejin »

Okay, I have updated my EasyMOD to the latest version (beta - 0.1.13), but this problem still exists, since I didn't understand what tbartold said.

Nuttzy, can you please help?

Nuttzy99

Post by Nuttzy99 »

So what are you trying to do... reinstall some MODs on a refreshed board and the MODs are not appearing on the list to install? That's a problem caused by the old EM. For now, what you can do is edit the scripts of the MODs you want to install. Change the MOD Version to something other than what it is (like change a 1.0.0 to 1.0.0a or whatever). Then it should appear on the list again.

-Nuttzy :cool:
SpellingCow.com - Free spell check service for your forums or any web form!
My Other Site