A "hello" and an apology

Want to share what MODs you've gotten to work with EM? Happy about all the time your're saving? Want to say "thanks"? Here's the place.
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
Nuttzy99

Re: A "hello" and an apology

Post by Nuttzy99 »

Just thought I'd pop in and say that development is going GREAT and everyone is going to want the new version. Can't give more details though :mrgreen:

-Nuttzy :cool:
SpellingCow.com - Free spell check service for your forums or any web form!
My Other Site

scifiguy

Post by scifiguy »

I'd settle for a version that will just complete step 1 of the install :roll: Bells and whistles would be nice later.

Sorry about yer biz - I know what that's like. Glad you're able to get back to the project.

GPHemsley

Post by GPHemsley »

[quote="scifiguy"]I'd settle for a version that will just complete step 1 of the install :roll: Bells and whistles would be nice later.[/quote]
EasyMOD works just fine when you do it correctly, so it's your own mistakes. And, as far as I can tell, you've already gotten past step 1. :roll: [ <a href="http://area51.phpbb.com/phpBB22/viewtop ... 5718#95718" target="_blank ]

Now, if you all would just let Nuttzy get his new version out (however oddly it is numbered ;)), then everything will be cleaned up, and you'll all get whatever support you'll need.

scifiguy

Post by scifiguy »

>EasyMOD works just fine when you do it correctly, so it's your own mistakes.

Well, thanks for clearing that up. it's amazing how many messages have been posted from users here who didn't do it correctly.

I'll hold off on any further attempts until the next version is out. Maybe that will be easier for us unsophisticated users to setup.

In the meantime, if you don't want people to report problems, then turn off posting in the problem area of the board.

GPHemsley

Post by GPHemsley »

[quote="scifiguy"]Well, thanks for clearing that up. it's amazing how many messages have been posted from users here who didn't do it correctly.[/quote]
I know. It scares me.

[quote="scifiguy"]I'll hold off on any further attempts until the next version is out.[/quote]
That'd be a wise idea.

[quote="scifiguy"]Maybe that will be easier for us unsophisticated users to setup.[/quote]
Dig at me all you want. But you better read the EasyMOD Support Rant linked to in my sig before you do.

[quote="scifiguy"]In the meantime, if you don't want people to report problems, then turn off posting in the problem area of the board.[/quote]
Even if I wanted to, I don't have the power.

Jesse_tyler

Post by Jesse_tyler »

Welcome Back nuttzy!
Yes, I think I forgot my password on my other account here -_-
So I signed up again with my name on phpBB.com :P
I have hosting again and I can use phpBB again :P
Now to catch up on all the posts I have missed for a couple months :P

markus_petrux

Post by markus_petrux »

Well, I would like to say "Welcome" too. I'm very happy to see there would be a new EM version soon.

Though, I have a small question. I have tried to post in the Development Suggestions forum. However, I got a nice "You cannot post in this forum" message. Does that mean you (Nuttzy) don't accept suggestions? :roll: ...yet? :?

This is related to some ideas (additional fields) posted here:
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=214040" target="_blank

I must admit that I never read all the stuff/work being done in these forums. So, very sorry if my question is incorrect or in the wrong place. :|

A_Jelly_Doughnut

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut »

There are currently some major issues with permissions here...I don't think it is anything intensional, it is more "oops". I think perhaps the admin panel is currently broken, it was the last time I tried permissions.
A_Jelly_Doughnut

markus_petrux

Post by markus_petrux »

No problem. :)

Nuttzy, keep up! ;)

espenhh

Post by espenhh »

How is it going now? Any progress report? :D
(Not to stress or anything, I am just wondering :P)

Keep up the good work :D
Espen

(Huge thanks to the phpBB-developers!!!)

Need Norwegian support????