@GP: Version Changer

Want to share what MODs you've gotten to work with EM? Happy about all the time your're saving? Want to say "thanks"? Here's the place.
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
Nuttzy99

@GP: Version Changer

Post by Nuttzy99 »

GP, in the next version of EM I'll be making it so that you can change the EM version right from settings page. But this is no good to people that have already blown away their EM files. So I'm going to include the version changer right in the EM distribution. I did cleanup the code a bit, and added a warning that they should remove the version changer when done using it (since you don't need the EM password to access it). Ok?

-Nuttzy 8)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SpellingCow.com - Free spell check service for your forums or any web form!
My Other Site

Nuttzy99

Re: @GP: Version Changer

Post by Nuttzy99 »

Heh, you've actually got your name included in an error message now :P
EM error wrote:Critical Error: This version of EM has already been installed. Terminating to prevent reinstallation.

If you are trying to reinstall this version, change the EM version number from the Admin Control Panel under EasyMOD Settings. Or you could also use the EM Version Changer (by GPHemsley) found in the admin/mods/easymod/includes directory.
-Nuttzy :cool:
My Other Site

GPHemsley

Post by GPHemsley »

I have no problem with you including it in the package. Based on the changes you attached above, though, I have updated my version to be more like me. I've also corrected some problems that you (may have) had in your version. I also took the opportunity to update the webpage for it, including a new preview screenshot.

http://www.twindragons.ca/~gphemsley/forums/EasyMOD/

UPDATE (2007-02-08): New version available here.
Last edited by GPHemsley on Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:42 am, edited 3 times in total.

GPHemsley

Post by GPHemsley »

Nuttzy99 wrote:Heh, you've actually got your name included in an error message now :P
EM error wrote:Critical Error: This version of EM has already been installed. Terminating to prevent reinstallation.

If you are trying to reinstall this version, change the EM version number from the Admin Control Panel under EasyMOD Settings. Or you could also use the EM Version Changer (by GPHemsley) found in the admin/mods/easymod/includes directory.
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :mrgreen:

Nuttzy99

Post by Nuttzy99 »

Since you double posted, I neve saw your download post. ;)
GPHemsley wrote:I've also corrected some problems that you (may have) had in your version.
You mean changing the "if" to a "while"? No, it should be written as an if since the way I changed it, it will only be getting one value. I have no problem adding...
/**********
* EasyMOD Version Changer
* Version 1.1
* Copyright 2003-2004 Gordon P. Hemsley (GPHemsley)
* Written for EasyMOD, Copyright 2002-2004 Craig Nuttall (Nuttzy99)
***********/
...to the top of the file, but other than that I want it to remain the way it is, with the changes the way I made them, with the files I'm including.

My Other Site

GPHemsley

Post by GPHemsley »

That's not the only thing I changed, though.... Besides, what's the difference? The new version works fine -- I tested it.

GPHemsley

Post by GPHemsley »

You know what, I have some more changes to do.... Gonna release a new version. I'll include the if() instead of while(), though they both work just the same. :P

eezee

Post by eezee »

after i used it, i entered the version i have, and it still won't let me reinstall

GPHemsley

Post by GPHemsley »

:|

You're not supposed to enter the version you have.. you're supposed to change the current version to a different one. EasyMOD checks the version number when deciding if installation should continue. By changing the version number, you trick EM into thinking you need to install/upgrade. ;)
Last edited by GPHemsley on Sun Mar 27, 2005 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GPHemsley

Post by GPHemsley »

NEW!

EasyMOD Version Changer
Version 1.2

Download

Changes:

2004-01-14 :: Version 1.2
  • Added EasyMOD password protection (if password is not empty).
  • Minor fixes/changes.
  • Added EasyMOD header to the top of the page.
  • Included the page footer to make the page complete.
  • Added old version/new version view.
  • Added file: changelog.txt.
2003-12-26 :: Version 1.1
  • Many formatting changes.
  • Added copyright header and footer.
  • Cleaned up code to eliminate unneeded data.
  • Incorporated other changes from Nuttzy's edited version (included in EasyMOD version 0.0.12preview/0.0.12preview3).
  • Added file: readme.html.
2003-07-13 :: Version 1.0
  • Allows for changing the EasyMOD version so that EasyMOD can be reinstalled.
  • Original setup containing two files: admin_emversionchanger.php and mod_emversionchanger.tpl.
UPDATE (2007-02-08): New version available here.
Last edited by GPHemsley on Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.