Thinking about making a 0.0.12 alpha

Want to share what MODs you've gotten to work with EM? Happy about all the time your're saving? Want to say "thanks"? Here's the place.
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
Ptirhiik_

Re: Thinking about making a 0.0.12 alpha

Post by Ptirhiik_ »

Still using easyPHP 1.6, and it is really stable and well thought (also a little slow, but it is a matter of milli-sec :)). Very convenient, and runtimes are closed to what you can find on a standard server, making laod comparaison easier to do. A bit comfusing at the first launch ("and now what/where do I do ?"), but so easy to use once this step over :).
GPHemsley

Post by GPHemsley »

Seeing as how ET seemed to only try out the Simple Mode, I'll post any errors that are only in the Advanced Mode. :mrgreen:

Above "Simple Mode :: Advanced Mode":
Warning: strpos(): Offset not contained in string. in d:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\easymod\0.0.12-preview1\phpbb2\admin\mods\easymod\easymod_display_functions.php on line 53

Warning: strpos(): Offset not contained in string. in d:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\easymod\0.0.12-preview1\phpbb2\admin\mods\easymod\easymod_display_functions.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: language in d:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\easymod\0.0.12-preview1\phpbb2\admin\mods\easymod\easymod_display_functions.php on line 765
Between "Install Info" and "File Access Info":
Below "Settings" header:

Notice: Undefined index: EM_ftp_titlex in d:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\easymod\0.0.12-preview1\phpbb2\admin\mods\easymod\easymod_display_functions.php on line 83

Notice: Undefined index: EM_ftp_use_extX in d:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\easymod\0.0.12-preview1\phpbb2\admin\mods\easymod\easymod_display_functions.php on line 83

In the middle of "Use Cache":
Notice: Undefined index: EM_ftp_ext_notX in d:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\easymod\0.0.12-preview1\phpbb2\admin\mods\easymod\easymod_display_functions.php on line 83
Above "Submit/Rescan":
Above the "Expanded Debug Info" table on the "Expanded Debug Info" page:

Notice: Undefined variable: write_access in d:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\easymod\0.0.12-preview1\phpbb2\admin\mods\easymod\easymod_display_functions.php on line 270

Notice: Undefined variable: root_write in d:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\easymod\0.0.12-preview1\phpbb2\admin\mods\easymod\easymod_display_functions.php on line 282
All of the other errors were the same as reported by ET. In fact, many of the errors I just reported included some ET reported before, but located in a different place. Will try installing MODs in a second, but so far, all Admin Panel pages look clean (as they should be, since you probably didn't change much of them). :mrgreen:

EDIT: Oh yeah, one other thing. It seems that you made up new $lang vars by first using $lang['X'] and then forgetting to delete the X part when you added the real offset. :P
Nuttzy99

Post by Nuttzy99 »

Uploaded a new version. I'll fix those errors that GP discovered from 0.0.11 eventually. All the ones that ET pointed out should be fixed now. The ones in "advanced mode" should be fixed too.

BTW, isn't it pathetic that the old settings screen is now being called "advanced mode" b/c it was "rocket science" to some people :roll:

EDIT: oops, GP found a few I didn't fix yet ;) I'll work on them :P

-Nuttzy :cool:
SpellingCow.com - Free spell check service for your forums or any web form!
My Other Site
GPHemsley

Post by GPHemsley »

Also, I just noticed this.... This 0.0.12 preview contains your edited version of my EasyMOD Version Changer instead of the newer one I posted in the topic about it. Don't forget to update the package. ;)

EDIT: Oh, and after the loverly 2.2 feature, yes... that's pathetic. :P
Nuttzy99

Post by Nuttzy99 »

As for langs, I already said that those are hardcoded or at the very least need some attention. I also forgot the "in here" line that ET reported so I'll fix this now ;)

My Other Site
GPHemsley

Post by GPHemsley »

Silly silly silly. That built-in version changer doesn't work, and you know why? Because you forgot to change the field name! It's still set as ftp_host! Silly silly silly. :P

EDIT: And of course, after I updated it, I now have an FTP host of "0.0.12preview3" and an EM version of "". :lol:
Nuttzy99

Post by Nuttzy99 »

Yeah, unforunately when I was done editing the tpl, I forgot to move it to the packaging directory. After doing another install, it ended up getting blown away :roll: So I've remade it now.

My Other Site
-=ET=-

Post by -=ET=- »

Nuttzy99 wrote:Hrmmm... this EasyPHP thing is pretty cool. I'm close to recommending it to people, but they need to tweak it a bit more for those using English as the primary language.
Yes, in particular the installer. They know that, and they've planed to build a fully multilingual release for the next one: the 2.0.
Nevertheless it's a really nice tool and the 1.7 release works really well. I use it from it's start now and I have NO pb with it. Moreover it's the best php debuger I know :mrgreen:

--------

Apart from that, I've tested your 3rd preview release and here is what I've seen...
In the EM installation process, if we click on "Display Debug Info" I have these warning...

Code: Select all

Notice: Undefined variable: write_access in c:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\forums\admin\mods\easymod\easymod_display_functions.php on line 271

Notice: Undefined variable: root_write in c:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\forums\admin\mods\easymod\easymod_display_functions.php on line 283
..and GP is right, if you change the EM version, the new value goes to the "FTP Server" field ;)

And... that's all!!! :mrgreen:
This 0.0.12 at this stage seems to work well.
Eternal newbie
Nuttzy99

Post by Nuttzy99 »

Good to know about EasyPHP. Once they get 2.0 released, then I will seriously consider plugging it to the phpbb.com MODing community. Then as Ptirhiik has said many times, people can test MODs on a dev machine first before going live ;)

As for those 2 warnings, I've fixed them but not uploaded the fix yet ;)

My Other Site
-=ET=-

Post by -=ET=- »

FYI, the 2.0 is planed to include Apache 2 and php 5, so we'll have to wait a bit. php5 is on beta stage :)

But in the meantime, can you tell me quickly what would you like to see enhanced for english people?
Only the installer (which in this case may install English files too)?

Because I'm in contact with them. I can try to see if a 1.7.1 is possible with a better multilingual support (as I perfectly know InnoSetup 4 too) :)
Eternal newbie