Thinking about making a 0.0.12 alpha

Want to share what MODs you've gotten to work with EM? Happy about all the time your're saving? Want to say "thanks"? Here's the place.
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
-=ET=-

Re: Thinking about making a 0.0.12 alpha

Post by -=ET=- »

Nuttzy99 wrote:Ok, let's narrow this down some. We are specifically talking about tpl files.
Well, nearly.

First, the issue is mostly on templates hard coded path (because they change with the style).
I have verified for hard coded path on language files and there are 2 of them so they are really 2 exceptions (functions.php lines 596 & 655). These 2 seems to suppose that English is always installed which is not the case in many board but that's not the debate here.

Now on template path, we can find hard coded path in...
- files in /contrib/, /doc/ & /install/ directory but that's normal and not a pb,
- the tpl files
- and... in on other exception: 1 is in lang_bbcode.php line 66 :(

Except these 3 exceptions, yes all hard coded path are in tpl files.
Nuttzy99 wrote:And the problem text will ALWAYS start with templates/subSilver/images/. Correct?
Nearly once again.
The pb is in 37 cases on "templates/subSilver/images/" and in 6 cases on "templates/subSilver/".
The 6 cases are these 2 lines...

Code: Select all

<!-- link rel="stylesheet" href="templates/subSilver/{T_HEAD_STYLESHEET}" type="text/css" -->
@import url("templates/subSilver/formIE.css");
...in overall_header.tpl, simple_header.php & page_header.php

So if you want to take in account every case, use "templates/subSilver/" instead of "templates/subSilver/images/".

Last, there is no other hard coded path in any file using "templates/subSilver/". So using this path, you hit only the 43 cases in the 19 concerned tpl files and nothing else anywhere else.
Eternal newbie
-=ET=-

Post by -=ET=- »

Nuttzy99 wrote:FYI, I see this problem is being corrected in 2.2...

"{T_THEME_PATH}/images/icon_mini_groups.gif"
That's a good thing! :D
Eternal newbie
Nuttzy99

Post by Nuttzy99 »

Wow! Good work researching all that! Not much I can do about most of them since they are the way they are for varius reasons.
-=ET=- wrote:So if you want to take in account every case, use "templates/subSilver/" instead of "templates/subSilver/images/".

Last, there is no other hard coded path in any file using "templates/subSilver/". So using this path, you hit only the 43 cases in the 19 concerned tpl files and nothing else anywhere else.
Ok, I will be sure to code this up :D

And I'll look at Ptirhiik's gift too ;)

-Nuttzy :cool:
SpellingCow.com - Free spell check service for your forums or any web form!
My Other Site
-=ET=-

Post by -=ET=- »

Nuttzy99 wrote:Ok, I will be sure to code this up :D
Thanks very much Nuttzy :)
Eternal newbie
Nuttzy99

Post by Nuttzy99 »

I have some people that are going to test several fixes so I figured I'd let everyone preview 0.0.12. Not many people come into the Gen Disc forum, so not much of a problem. There's still much work to do before releasing it like hard code lang elements, ET+Ptirhiik's requests, a few errors previously discovered, and some more things I want to add to enhance the install portion and help with debugging.

EDIT: only ET had downloaded and I made one minor change to a new upload ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
My Other Site
-=ET=-

Post by -=ET=- »

Thanks, I'll test it.
What's new, especially to test?

FYI, I was just working for you on another subject... ;)
Eternal newbie
-=ET=-

Post by -=ET=- »

OK.

In the installation process, first step, I have many errors (new board/DB, 2 styles, 2 languages).

At the top of the page...

Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated - argument passed by value; If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of [runtime function name](). If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI file. However, future versions may not support this any longer. in c:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\forums\admin\mods\easymod\easymod_display_functions.php on line 267

Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated - argument passed by value; If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of [runtime function name](). If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI file. However, future versions may not support this any longer. in c:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\forums\admin\mods\easymod\easymod_display_functions.php on line 267

Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated - argument passed by value; If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of get_empw_settings(). If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI file. However, future versions may not support this any longer. in c:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\forums\admin\mods\easymod\easymod_display_functions.php on line 763

Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated - argument passed by value; If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of get_empw_settings(). If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI file. However, future versions may not support this any longer. in c:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\forums\admin\mods\easymod\easymod_display_functions.php on line 940

Warning: strpos(): Offset not contained in string. in c:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\forums\admin\mods\easymod\easymod_display_functions.php on line 53
Above "Simple mode :: Advanced mode"...

Warning: strpos(): Offset not contained in string. in c:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\forums\admin\mods\easymod\easymod_display_functions.php on line 53
Above, "For support, visit EasyMOD Central..."...

On the right table...

Notice: Undefined index: EM_SettingsX in c:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\forums\admin\mods\easymod\easymod_display_functions.php on line 83

Server Style

Notice: Undefined index: EM_password_titleX in c:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\forums\admin\mods\easymod\easymod_display_functions.php on line 83
 About your server 

Notice: Undefined index: EM_password_descX in c:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\forums\admin\mods\easymod\easymod_display_functions.php on line 83
 Which of the following choices best describes your phpBB server: 

Notice: Undefined index: EM_yesX in c:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\forums\admin\mods\easymod\easymod_display_functions.php on line 83
  I have FTP access to my phpBB files on the server.   

Notice: Undefined index: EM_yesX in c:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\forums\admin\mods\easymod\easymod_display_functions.php on line 83
  This is a Windows server and I don't have to worry about file permissions.   

At the bottom of the page...

Display Debug Info 

After, I have the same kind of errors in each pages so I think it'll be better to wait a little fix as it'll be long to quote all of them, no?

BUT... the installation seems to be complete and correct, and EM seems to work well with the same errors as the 0.0.11a-3! :D

These errors are...
- In step 1 of MOD installation, some lines with only "in here" are displayed, just below the EM logo. The number of these lines depend of the MOD. For example I have 9 for Yellow card :(

- In the preview mode, once again some warning are displayed...

Notice:  Undefined offset:  1 in c:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\forums\admin\em_includes\em_functions.php on line 132

Notice:  Undefined offset:  1 in c:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\forums\admin\em_includes\em_functions.php on line 172

in here

Notice:  Undefined variable:  tmp in c:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\forums\admin\em_includes\em_functions.php on line 349
in here

Notice:  Undefined variable:  tmp in c:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\forums\admin\em_includes\em_functions.php on line 349
in here

in here

in here

in here

in here

in here

Eternal newbie
Nuttzy99

Post by Nuttzy99 »

Blah! Thanks, I'll start working on those ;)

My Other Site
-=ET=-

Post by -=ET=- »

One question Nuttzy: it seems that these warnings are displayed only on last releases of Apache/MySQL/php (we don't know exactly).
I don't know what you use to code and test EM but perhaps you should test EasyPHP 1.7 in local. It's the LAMP I use and perhaps it could help you to have directly these errors at home as it uses (except for Apache) all the nearly last releases of these softwares, no?
(Apache 1.3.27 - PHP 4.3.3 - MySQL 4.0.15 - PhpMyAdmin 2.5.3)

It's interface is in English and it's really easy to use... ;)
http://www.easyphp.org/telechargements.php3?lang=en" target="_blank
Eternal newbie
Nuttzy99

Post by Nuttzy99 »

Hrmmm... this EasyPHP thing is pretty cool. I'm close to recommending it to people, but they need to tweak it a bit more for those using English as the primary language.

My Other Site