Errors in 0.0.11

Want to share what MODs you've gotten to work with EM? Happy about all the time your're saving? Want to say "thanks"? Here's the place.
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
GPHemsley

Errors in 0.0.11

Post by GPHemsley »

Well, I've found some nice little bugs in version 0.0.11. Shoulda sent it through us before you released it. :mrgreen:

On step 3 of install, you've got some notices:
Notice: Undefined index: trailing_whitespace in d:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\easymod\0.0.11\phpbb2\admin\mods\easymod\em_includes\em_functions.php on line 376
On the final step of installation, you have:
Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in d:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\easymod\0.0.11\phpbb2\admin\mods\easymod\em_includes\em_cipher.php on line 345
And it repeats all the way up to offset 71.

Then you have:
Notice: Undefined variable: command in d:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\easymod\0.0.11\phpbb2\admin\mods\easymod\easymod_install.php on line 2497
That's all I can see so far. Have a nice day. 8)

GPHemsley

Re: Errors in 0.0.11

Post by GPHemsley »

Well, I've found more! Aren't you glad? :mrgreen:

Anyway, in Preview mode, we have this:
Notice: Undefined variable: board_config in d:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\easymod\0.0.11\phpbb2\admin\admin_easymod.php on line 63
Then we have this:
Notice: Undefined variable: preview in d:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\easymod\0.0.11\phpbb2\admin\admin_easymod.php on line 1093
And then this:
Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in d:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\easymod\0.0.11\phpbb2\admin\em_includes\em_cipher.php on line 345
All the way up to offset 71.

Then comes this:
Notice: Undefined variable: ftp_type in d:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\easymod\0.0.11\phpbb2\admin\admin_easymod.php on line 547
And this:
Notice: Undefined variable: do_preview in d:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\easymod\0.0.11\phpbb2\admin\admin_easymod.php on line 1517
And then this:
Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in d:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\easymod\0.0.11\phpbb2\admin\em_includes\em_functions.php on line 129
Followed by this:
Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in d:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\easymod\0.0.11\phpbb2\admin\em_includes\em_functions.php on line 169
Then, the rest, grouped together because I've been talking too much:
Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in d:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\easymod\0.0.11\phpbb2\admin\em_includes\em_functions.php on line 526

Notice: Undefined index: trailing_whitespace in d:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\easymod\0.0.11\phpbb2\admin\em_includes\em_functions.php on line 376

Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in d:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\easymod\0.0.11\phpbb2\admin\em_includes\em_functions.php on line 526

Notice: Undefined index: trailing_whitespace in d:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\easymod\0.0.11\phpbb2\admin\em_includes\em_functions.php on line 376

And all of this before the actual file! Gotta love EasyMOD. :mrgreen:

-=ET=-

Post by -=ET=- »

lol :)

GP... you're 24h late... ;)
http://area51.phpbb.com/phpBB22/viewtop ... 19&t=13457
Nuttzy has nearly fixed all you've find.
Last edited by -=ET=- on Mon Dec 15, 2003 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eternal newbie

GPHemsley

Post by GPHemsley »

Well, I just realized that the type of errors and the amount of times they occur depends on the file and/or the amount of changes to it.

Here are some more that aren't posted above:
Notice: Undefined variable: tmp in d:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\easymod\0.0.11\phpbb2\admin\em_includes\em_functions.php on line 344
Notice: Undefined index: trailing_whitespace in d:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\easymod\0.0.11\phpbb2\admin\em_includes\em_functions.php on line 345

Notice: Undefined index: trailing_whitespace in d:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\easymod\0.0.11\phpbb2\admin\em_includes\em_functions.php on line 403

Notice: Undefined index: trailing_whitespace in d:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\easymod\0.0.11\phpbb2\admin\em_includes\em_functions.php on line 436
That's about the variety of it... It's mostly different line numbers if there are ones that I missed. The good news is that these errors don't seem to affect the actual functionality of EasyMOD, so everything seems to work fine... even my screwy MODs. :P

GPHemsley

Post by GPHemsley »

-=ET=- wrote:lol :)

GP... you're 24h late... ;)
Am I? :|

/me searches for other posts.

GPHemsley

Post by GPHemsley »

Ugh, you're right... Had to go post them in the wrong forum, didn't you? :P

-=ET=-

Post by -=ET=- »

Well, I've thought it was an answer to this post...
http://area51.phpbb.com/phpBB22/viewtop ... 19&t=13440
Eternal newbie

GPHemsley

Post by GPHemsley »

Hehe, I got one you haven't caught yet. :mrgreen:
The following is a list of files that the MOD specifies to be modified. Click "View" to view what changes will take place. The changes that EasyMOD will make to the files are bolded in red. Unfortunately, becasue of HTML formatting, some extra carriage returns are occasionally added, but they will not appear when the file is actually written.
Simple little typo, but hey, we gotta be perfect. ;)

-=ET=-

Post by -=ET=- »

GPHemsley wrote:Simple little typo, but hey, we gotta be perfect. ;)
I've seen it but I didn't want to point out spelling mistakes as I remember Nuttzy's answer: will see that later with the final interface ;)
Eternal newbie

GPHemsley

Post by GPHemsley »

Really? Where did he say that? Even so, we could just keep a "Typo List" to be fixed all at once. :lol: