EasyMOD for anything...........

Want to share what MODs you've gotten to work with EM? Happy about all the time your're saving? Want to say "thanks"? Here's the place.
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
mloradites

EasyMOD for anything...........

Post by mloradites »

I'm just thinking out loud here, but what are the possibilities of creating a way for easy mod to work on any website, i.e. there would be the basic system and you could either have templates for site software(nuke, etc) or each mod would have full paths defined or inputtable as part of an install to where to find a file, it would of course have to be passworded, but i think this could possibly be a great way to install mods for absolutely anything, any BB, any CMS, etc. It seems possible to me, and i think admins would love it no cutting and pasting!
Thoughts anyone??
Matthew
site admin
http://www.pagealumni.us" target="_blank

Ptirhiik_

Re: EasyMOD for anything...........

Post by Ptirhiik_ »

Easymod need at least the phpBB environement to run into. If you have a phpBB running on your site, you can modify whatever stands in the accessible files (basicely all what belong to the domain).

-=ET=-

Post by -=ET=- »

mloradites wrote:Thoughts anyone??
Yes, at the present time EM needs a phpBB environment to work, but there is no technical reason not to imagine that later it could be adapted to any other HTML/PHP environment.
This will need some more development but it's absolutly possible.

On the other hand, I'm not sure there will have any usefulness to create an EM for "anything" as you said.
OK you can imagine one for any other formatted environment (and it could be as useful as for phpBB), but don't forget that MODs must be created/written for a precise standard code.
So if you want to use EM on your personal web site, you will never find any MOD which can correspond to your specific code :roll:

mloradites

Post by mloradites »

-=ET=- wrote:On the other hand, I'm not sure there will have any usefulness to create an EM for "anything" as you said.
OK you can imagine one for any other formatted environment (and it could be as useful as for phpBB), but don't forget that MODs must be created/written for a precise standard code.
So if you want to use EM on your personal web site, you will never find any MOD which can correspond to your specific code
Well yeah obviously it would have to be generally used for CMSs and BBs or other systems, anything was meant to encompass those types of things, although in theory it really could be anything, it would just be a matter of writing the code, i would think that with a general version, it could work on anything, but practically it would only be used with packages

Matthew
site admin
http://www.pagealumni.us" target="_blank