Trouble with working EasyMOD

Want to share what MODs you've gotten to work with EM? Happy about all the time your're saving? Want to say "thanks"? Here's the place.
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
TommyV

Trouble with working EasyMOD

Post by TommyV »

Hi

I must say that until one hour ago I was very happy with EasyMOD. It really saves me alot of time, BUT there is a major downside. I hope its just me who had made some big mistake, but for some reason the mod takes a lot of bandwith. I installed the EasyMOD just some days ago (November, 3rd), and so far the url /phpBB/admin/admin_easymod.php has generated more than 2 GB of traffic on my website!! 8O

Is there anyone who can tell my why it uses that much bandwith?? Do I have to uninstall it again, to get back to normal traffic on the website?

Please answer quickly, before my webhosting-service closes down my website :|

/Tommy

Ptirhiik

Re: Trouble with working EasyMOD

Post by Ptirhiik »

easymod uses a lot the move and ftp commands, which generate an internal flow (quite important as you save all the touched files, and move them a second time).

Best to do is to use it on a local install, and upload to your living environement the result of the installation of a mod : safe, and doesn't require to shut down the board during the testing stage of mod installation.

(to have a local environnement, I use by my side easyphp ( http://easyphp.org" target="_blank ) which is a very easy to use tool, but there are other products).

TommyV

Re: Trouble with working EasyMOD

Post by TommyV »

Ptirhiik wrote:easymod uses a lot the move and ftp commands, which generate an internal flow (quite important as you save all the touched files, and move them a second time).

Best to do is to use it on a local install, and upload to your living environement the result of the installation of a mod : safe, and doesn't require to shut down the board during the testing stage of mod installation.

(to have a local environnement, I use by my side easyphp ( http://easyphp.org" target="_blank ) which is a very easy to use tool, but there are other products).
Maybe it should be stated somewhere in the FAQ-files, that traffic will increase on your website, so you don't have to here this from your hosting service ;)

I'll try the link you gave me, and do all the alterations locally. Thank you very much for the fast response :D