@GP: your FTP setup

Want to share what MODs you've gotten to work with EM? Happy about all the time your're saving? Want to say "thanks"? Here's the place.
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
Nuttzy99

@GP: your FTP setup

Post by Nuttzy99 »

Hey GP, I think you had one of the very exotic FTP problems dealing with PASV. Do you still have this problem? I want to see if there is anyway where I can detect the need for using something other than the current fsockopen method. The FTP debug info from EM for this would be very handy.

Thanks,
-Nuttzy :cool:
SpellingCow.com - Free spell check service for your forums or any web form!
My Other Site

GPHemsley

Re: @GP: your FTP setup

Post by GPHemsley »

Well, right now, I don't even have a site to FTP to. :P

I don't really know what my host (http://www.lifelesspeople.com/ - Trel) is doing with the site, but I can't login to FTP. I can almost guarantee, though, that when the site(s) do come back up that PASV access will be turned off. I'll let you know whent that happens. :|

Nuttzy99

Re: @GP: your FTP setup

Post by Nuttzy99 »

Ok thanks ;) I think I will include the alternate FTP method in the code, but I don't want people using it unless I know about it. The reason being I want to know how to identify the problem. But once identified, they will already have the fix.

Thanks,
-Nuttzy :cool:
SpellingCow.com - Free spell check service for your forums or any web form!
My Other Site