Short term plans

Want to share what MODs you've gotten to work with EM? Happy about all the time your're saving? Want to say "thanks"? Here's the place.
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
Nuttzy99

Short term plans

Post by Nuttzy99 »

First I'm going to fix the post on phpBB.com so folks will have a direct link to the install directions and all FAQ's! :P

Then it will be coding time (my favorite time ;))!!!!!! At this point I'm going to say the next release will have to be another small one that addresses some existing issues before moving on to adding more features. Most of it will be directed towards debugging FTP issues and also implementing an alternate FTP method. I will also be making it more clear on the info people need to be posting if they want some help with their problem.

-Nuttzy :cool:
SpellingCow.com - Free spell check service for your forums or any web form!
My Other Site

Nuttzy99

Re: Short term plans

Post by Nuttzy99 »

Ok, I fixed the post on phpbb.com so the info can be better found. I've also posted up the first two community dev assignments. I think its now time to do some coding!!!

First I will be working with some people on various FTP issues (ie. the possility that ../../../../../ only works like ../ on some systems). Then as I said a version 0.0.11 will probably include further debugging and FTP options.

But now a change from my pervious thinking. I have had this SQL code lying around over a year now. It probably doesn't make any sense for me to go off writing new features and letting this code hang around. So we'll be at a point where installations should be pretty stable, so why not add SQL processing now? This is exactly what I plan to do after 0.0.11 is released. The release after this will be beta1 and the only difference between it and 0.0.11 is that beta1 will do SQL processing. So technically the beta will not be feature complete (no uninstaller for example) but I'm really getting tired of calling this alpha software ;)

Besides having hte SQL working properly is needed for installation of EM on some systems so this will clear up a known issue with the installer :D

My Other Site

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

Don't forget to ask the user if he wants to perform each sql requests, as in some cases he won't run them (already done, or other reasons) ;).

Nuttzy99

Post by Nuttzy99 »

Already coded that way... or at least it was before I removed it ;)

My Other Site