[BUG REPORT] Too short fields

Want to share what MODs you've gotten to work with EM? Happy about all the time your're saving? Want to say "thanks"? Here's the place.
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
Ptirhiik

[BUG REPORT] Too short fields

Post by Ptirhiik »

mod_version (15) is too short, as it is part of the key and don't have so to be shortened :). I have just sat it (as mod_title and mod_file) to 255, as they are varchars (so length doesn't require more place in storage than the very needed).

morpheus2matrix

Re: Too short fields

Post by morpheus2matrix »

i think mod_version (15) is good. Generally, mod_version is something like x.y.z at the max, it could be (but will never be) 255.255.255. So 15 is enough.

Just my opinion :)
phpBB MOD-Team Member - Check my MOD's

Support For my MOD's

Attachment MOD User Guide || Log Actions MOD User Guide

No support by PM/Email - Thanks - You want to help me ? Click here

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

nuuttt : wrong : : v 1.0.0 beta 1.20 (RC) : say good by to your 15 chars :). And indeed, this is the way phpBB sets its version number : other version numbering exist : as it is supposed to be part of the main access to the mod, it should not be shortened, so a varchar(255) is at least required :).

note: varchar(15) and varchar(255) are exactly the same thing for the mysql engine (and mssql too btw, not sure for postgress, but I bet so). Only CHAR() considers a constant length in the bytes.

morpheus2matrix

arf, you're right : v 1.0.0 beta 1.20 (RC) seems to be not good :lol:

but like i never use version number like this one, i don't have this problem : i always use a version system like x.y.z and that's all :wink:

Support For my MOD's

GPHemsley

Post by GPHemsley »

Is that what you're supposed to use and the only way phpBB accepts them? :?
(I could be wrong, though...)

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

At my knowledge, yep, for phpBB validation, you use a x.y.z numbering system, first being a major changes, second new feature and third fixes or slight adjustment. But as you can see in the sample, it is not a released mod, but a beta at RC stage, which will result at end in a v 1.0.0, assuming 0.0.x are alpha versions (all planed features not implemented).

morpheus2matrix

Ptirhiik wrote:At my knowledge, yep, for phpBB validation, you use a x.y.z numbering system, first being a major changes, second new feature and third fixes or slight adjustment. But as you can see in the sample, it is not a released mod, but a beta at RC stage, which will result at end in a v 1.0.0, assuming 0.0.x are alpha versions (all planed features not implemented).
that's why i wanted to say : i always use version number like x.y.z and never x.y.z beta 1.20 (RC) :wink:

And i think that not a lot of people use them (but i'm may be wrong)

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

Well, it depends of the mod and of the need to have detailed alpha or beta stage : ie, easy mod is here in 0.0.10 alpha 3 update 1 release (update 1 stands for the enhancement of the debug) ;).

morpheus2matrix

you're right : it depends of the MOD and of the MOD Author :wink:

Support For my MOD's

LLKwerv

Post by LLKwerv »

Isn't it 0.0.10a update 1? (Wasn't there something about 0.0.10a-2?)
hello