[rejected] New Action MakeDir & chmod it

Want to share what MODs you've gotten to work with EM? Happy about all the time your're saving? Want to say "thanks"? Here's the place.
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
g-funk

[rejected] New Action MakeDir & chmod it

Post by g-funk »

Hi

It would be nice to have a action to just make a folder without having to copy a file to make it. For example in Smartors photo album mod or the Attachment mod one needs to make a new empty folder and then set the chmod on that folder.

Thanks
G-Funk

A_Jelly_Doughnut

Re: New Action MakeDir & chmod it

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut »

Nuttzy said "no" to this before, I think.
A_Jelly_Doughnut

g-funk

Post by g-funk »

I could not find it on this forum so I Suggested it.

Another way would be to state to chmod for files and folders on copying new ones. (not for overwrites)

If there are Suggestions that are already Rejected but not on the Board please make a Announcement/Sticky list with all the Rejected ones.

Thanks
G-Funk

GPHemsley

Post by GPHemsley »

Any suggestion with any status should be posted here. If they're not, then they're in the EM release topic over at phpbb.com and are referenced in a post here or there.

Nuttzy99

Post by Nuttzy99 »

I think things like this could be left in an author note. Something like this will soon be proposed to the MOD Team. But as for actually performing these commands... for now "no" mostly b/c I don't like the idea of adding too many commands to the MOD Template. But I will from time to time reconsider this issue.

-Nuttzy :cool:
SpellingCow.com - Free spell check service for your forums or any web form!
My Other Site