[rejected] "Turn off password" select

Want to share what MODs you've gotten to work with EM? Happy about all the time your're saving? Want to say "thanks"? Here's the place.
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
GPHemsley

Re: "Turn off password" select

Post by GPHemsley »

Exactly what was the point of changing the file required for pagestart? It serves no purpose whatsoever.... :?

LLKwerv

Post by LLKwerv »

It allows you to get the userdata (specifically the user_id) so you know which admin is which. That way only the one admin can use EasyMod. and I include the pagestart.php because otherwise getting the data might conflict with the session_pagestart... I think. And it must go up there because if it went where it was before the other admins would still see the link displayed... which isn't THAT much of a problem but... oh well.
hello

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

Your code suggestion won't work, for many reason. At least, pagestart are always requested while beeing in admin panel. If you need extra auth, just use standard phpBB auths in a proper way.

Also you forget that being a board administrator is not the same thing that being a webmaster, although often both functions are cumulate by the same person.

LLKwerv

Post by LLKwerv »

Ummm... I understand your second point, but just change the ID to the right ID. And your first I don't really understand.

But if I was wrong, don't use the code. Sorry, I'm not all that good with the code.
hello

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

Yep you're wrong : first in the choice : hardcoding user_id is really a dirty way to proceed, second the modification itself will issue to runtime errors.

LLKwerv

Post by LLKwerv »

OK, then... uh... Don't use the code. If you have more than one admin use the solution I said before: don't install the mod.
hello

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

Why not ? Just set a password :). Anyway, I won't advice to install easymod on a living environement, so on a test environement, it is less critical.

GPHemsley

Post by GPHemsley »

Ptirhiik wrote:Anyway, I won't advice to install easymod on a living environement, so on a test environement, it is less critical.
/me shakes head at Ptirhiik....

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

GPHemsley wrote:/me shakes head at Ptirhiik....
That I won't allow :evil:

Nuttzy99

Post by Nuttzy99 »

Nuttzy99 wrote:I thought of disabling it if no password was set. I can't remember why I decided not to do this but there was a reason. Doesn't matter b/c this is all going to get changed anyway (MD5) and I'm not sure what the end result is going to look like ;)

-Nuttzy :cool:
As I said, things with the PW are going to change quite a bit so this suggestion is declined.

Thanks,
-Nuttzy :cool:
SpellingCow.com - Free spell check service for your forums or any web form!
My Other Site