[Idea] Translations

Want to share what MODs you've gotten to work with EM? Happy about all the time your're saving? Want to say "thanks"? Here's the place.
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
Nuttzy99

Re: [Idea] Translations

Post by Nuttzy99 »

I'm thinking about having a Localization forum with a subforum for each language supported. The main localization forum would be a lounge where everyone can converse about lang related issues. Perhaps even support in non-English could occur in those subforums.

Do people have thoughts on this?

-Nuttzy :cool:
SpellingCow.com - Free spell check service for your forums or any web form!
My Other Site

GPHemsley

Post by GPHemsley »

Well, the question remains: What to do with new translations?

Nuttzy99

Post by Nuttzy99 »

Yeah, I like having just one person in charge per translation. I will probably enable attachments in that forum so people can post them up. If the wrong person posts something then we can curse at them and then delete their post. Simple enough ;) The "report to moderator" feature I think is working so this will speed up eliminating bogus attachments.

My Other Site

GPHemsley

Post by GPHemsley »

Nuttzy99 wrote:Yeah, I like having just one person in charge per translation. I will probably enable attachments in that forum so people can post them up. If the wrong person posts something then we can curse at them and then delete their post. Simple enough ;) The "report to moderator" feature I think is working so this will speed up eliminating bogus attachments.

Yeah, it should work if you enable it (which you don't seem to have done :?). Get crackin'. ;)

Nuttzy99

Post by Nuttzy99 »

Well duh! I need to make those forums first ;)

My Other Site

GPHemsley

Post by GPHemsley »

Nuttzy99 wrote:Well duh! I need to make those forums first ;)

I meant in the existing forums. :P

morpheus2matrix

Post by morpheus2matrix »

Nuttzy99 wrote:Yeah, I like having just one person in charge per translation. I will probably enable attachments in that forum so people can post them up. If the wrong person posts something then we can curse at them and then delete their post. Simple enough ;) The "report to moderator" feature I think is working so this will speed up eliminating bogus attachments.

looks like a good idea :P
phpBB MOD-Team Member - Check my MOD's

Support For my MOD's

Attachment MOD User Guide || Log Actions MOD User Guide

No support by PM/Email - Thanks - You want to help me ? Click here

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

For the french translation, one will be officialy supported by phpbb-fr.org (as the board translation available is), probably based on ET translation (approval awaited). The documentation, EMC rules and FAQ will be so translated too.

morpheus2matrix

Post by morpheus2matrix »

Ptirhiik wrote:For the french translation, one will be officialy supported by phpbb-fr.org (as the board translation available is), probably based on ET translation (approval awaited). The documentation, EMC rules and FAQ will be so translated too.

a lot of people will support EasyMod in their native language, i'm not sure there will be officials forum supporter :wink:

A good idea should be to provide links for non-US users, like the phpBB non-english support forum :wink:

Nuttzy99

Post by Nuttzy99 »

Yup, I have no problem with directing users to a board that is better suited to support them ;) phpBB 2.2 has that nice feature where you can make a subforum that acts a redirect :D

My Other Site