To Do: verify subSilver installed

Want to share what MODs you've gotten to work with EM? Happy about all the time your're saving? Want to say "thanks"? Here's the place.
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
Ptirhiik

Re: To Do: verify subSilver installed

Post by Ptirhiik »

> Nutzzy : Maybe you can go over the need of subSilver (although I agree it should be installed and working, even if not used, because all mods are written for). At least, you need a spot during the installation to move the em tpls and there is always one using the template dir of the board_config['default_style'], always present and existing. The same thing can be done by having a conversion of all subSilver reference in the mod for filename by this default template dir. I think you have it already is some way because of the multi template modding.

AlleyKat

Post by AlleyKat »

He does; when editing EM to run with other templates there's a place where you must change a number (9, the # of letters in subSilver) to something else (like 11, fisubsilver). (Ofcourse all mod scripts has to be edited for this, too!)

morpheus2matrix

Post by morpheus2matrix »

i agree with Ptirhiik : checking board_config['default_style'] should be the best method
phpBB MOD-Team Member - Check my MOD's

Support For my MOD's

Attachment MOD User Guide || Log Actions MOD User Guide

No support by PM/Email - Thanks - You want to help me ? Click here

Nuttzy99

Post by Nuttzy99 »

I really don't have a good reason why subSilver must be there other than to prove to users its not EM's fault that things are not getting found and that is b/c the template they are using is too different. Since this is the case I should probably start to seriously consider popping up a warning message if subSilver is not present and let the installation go through anyway.

You guys win! The thing that really won me over was the concern about disk space. I didn't realize that SS takes up about 1.5MB of space. I thought it would be like 100k 8O

-Nuttzy :cool:
SpellingCow.com - Free spell check service for your forums or any web form!
My Other Site

morpheus2matrix

Nuttzy99 wrote:I
You guys win!
Cool :lol:
The thing that really won me over was the concern about disk space. I didn't realize that SS takes up about 1.5MB of space. I thought it would be like 100k 8O

so imagine for the more complex template :wink:
phpBB MOD-Team Member - Check my MOD's

Support For my MOD's

Attachment MOD User Guide || Log Actions MOD User Guide

No support by PM/Email - Thanks - You want to help me ? Click here

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

The key is to delete images dir (except perhaps icons if you like them :)) and clean up the css (subSilver.css) and the cfg file (for icon : subSilver.cfg).

morpheus2matrix

Ptirhiik wrote:The key is to delete images dir (except perhaps icons if you like them :)) and clean up the css (subSilver.css) and the cfg file (for icon : subSilver.cfg).
yes, but this is not easy for everybody :wink:

-None-

Post by -None- »

morpheus2matrix wrote:
Nuttzy99 wrote:So why remove it?
because the lack of place on the FTP server. Even if a template is not big, it take place, particulary images.

If i make a forum, then ii upload a new template. If i know that i don't have a lot of space on the FTP server, i could decide to delte one of the template : the one i dislike. If it's subSilver, how i could install EM ?
lack of ftp space... man I love having 1000 megabites of storage and 65 gb of brandwidth.....

Oh yeah back on topic. I agree why remove it unless you on lycose or something with small storage space. a pop up warning about subsliver not being there is a good idea. Or just use stylies that use the sub-silver templat thats what i do.

.....Back oftopic.....
Looks like the dev's are messing I mean fixing something in the template... at least there doing something...

-None-
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
this is My sig so Live with IT!!