Problems with Mods showing up for installation

Wondering why that MOD you have won't install correctly? Let's take a look
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
Channy

Problems with Mods showing up for installation

Post by Channy »

Please bear with me as I am used to working on the "goey" end of things.:) I do graphic design and this is my first experience with more complex "back end" stuff.

OK--short history--Installed EasyMod with no problem. However I should note that within my public_html/admin directory there was no "mod" folder before I made one to install Easy Mod into. I made one and ofcourse Easy Mod installed just fine. I have just spent the last two hours reading all stickies and tutorials and here's where I've landed! :lol:

Here's my problem: Now that I am copying my mod folders into the public_html/admin/mod/ directory (and yes, I have correctly labeled the folders as recommended, for example, the latest one I tried was this mod http://www.phpbb.com/mods/db/index.php? ... ib_id=2981, unpacked into a folder called advanced_quick_reply within the public_html/admin/mod/ directory), they are not showing up as available to install!

What am I doing wrong? Is it possible that my site is storing mods somewhere else, given that I had to create the mod folder in the first place? (I just upgraded from freeforums and there are a few mods already in place, I believe, but I'm not sure what is standard.)

Again I appreciate any response and appreciate your patience.:)

darcie
Community Team
Community Team

Re: Problems with Mods showing up for installation

Post by darcie »

The MOD you linked to is for version 3.0.1. EasyMOD is only for phpBB2, and MODs are not compatible between major versions. Look for MODs written for 2.0.x.

Channy

Re: Problems with Mods showing up for installation

Post by Channy »

Thank you thank you! :D

It's always the little things we overlook sometimes. That was driving me crazy. It's working great now.